• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Summer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer

Looks like the summer we didn't have is almost over*, global warming must be making things cooler. The weathermen say that this (UK) summer was warmer than average though. Do you believe them?

Where's a nice cheap warm place to escape to?

*cue antipodean pedantry
    Hot and sunny
    32.14%
    Cold, wet and windy
    21.43%
    Not as good as it used to be
    35.71%
    The sun shines out of AndyW's
    10.71%

I went on holiday to Norfolk this year. First time I've been there, except for a day trip years ago. It was sunny all week, and lawns and fields were all quite brown and sunburned, so I guess it wasn't just that week. Reminded me of Summer when I was a kid. At home near Manchester it's never got hot at all this year, as far as I can make out.

Comment

failed poll, what about those who had a lovely 30C summer almost daily on the continent?
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

for me, weather wise, its been a bummer of a summer, most of my plans for camping etc have been washed out.

I am supposed to be taking the tribe blackberry picking this Sunday, but it looks like THAT will have to be cancelled also
        grrr

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          failed poll, what about those who had a lovely 30C summer almost daily on the continent?
          Yes, it has been quite pleasant.

Cold and wet at the moment though - 17°C and raining. It'll improve tomorrow - not as hot as last week, but still the mid to late 20s.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            for me, weather wise, its been a bummer of a summer, most of my plans for camping etc have been washed out.

I am supposed to be taking the tribe blackberry picking this Sunday, but it looks like THAT will have to be cancelled also
            grrr

Luckily for me, the blackberry patch is across the road. can do it rain or shine.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
              Luckily for me, the blackberry patch is across the road. can do it rain or shine.
              nice.
              do you make pies with them ?, ours always come out a little bitter

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I voted hot and sunny because, like Chef, I am in sunny central Europe.
                Here on the shores of lake constance it has been scorching days and warm balmy nights with the odd spectacular thunderstorm. Quite delightful.
                It will soon be Oktoberfest and shortly after that the ski season starts.

It's a hard life if you don't weaken.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Still 38 degrees here and very humid.
                  Hoping for an Indian summer in time for the start of my new contract in Goole - looks like there are some nice beaches round there.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    nice.
                    do you make pies with them ?, ours always come out a little bitter

My son always eats them before we get a chance!
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                    X