• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Download ASP Site

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Download ASP Site

Does anyone know how to download an ASP Website.

I have been using WinHTTRack but it can only go so far. The website is written using ASP and I wish to follow all of the links and get downloaded locally.

Anyone have an ideas?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

I have been using WinHTTRack but it can only go so far. The website is written using ASP and I wish to follow all of the links and get downloaded locally.

Anyone have an ideas?
    Do you want to get the ASP source code?
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Nothing except hacking the site will get you the source code

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
        Nothing except hacking the site will get you the source code

Was possible with older, unpatched versions of IIS
        +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I want to download the site locally so I can navigate it.

Ideally I would like to go through all the links and download it locally (converting to HTML even).

Comment

Anyone have an ideas?
            Disclaimer : I am not advocating scraping sites you don't own or otherwise have permission to do this to.

If you have access to a Linux box or a nix type command line shell you can get it with wget. There is some tidying up to do afterwards but it should at least get all the pages for you.

Otherwise it's a pain in the arse to scrape asp sites because of the way they tend to be structured and the way the links between pages are constructed.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Came across that but dont have Linux setup.

Surely there is some straight forward software somewhere can recommend.

Basically Im putting together an online catalogue of a supplier of mine for upload into my own website(Im allowed to do this). But Im trying to automate the process and need the site locally to do it.

Comment

Are there any Firefox tools/plugins that might help? Might be worth a look?

Edit: on the wrong machine at the mo so can't check my own toolkits.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Came across that but dont have Linux setup.

Surely there is some straight forward software somewhere can recommend.

Basically Im putting together an online catalogue of a supplier of mine for upload into my own website(Im allowed to do this). But Im trying to automate the process and need the site locally to do it.
                  In which case can you get him to dump the file structure onto a cd/dvd for you?

Or make it accessable via ftp so you can grab the whole thing that way?
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    In which case can you get him to dump the file structure onto a cd/dvd for you?

Or make it accessable via ftp so you can grab the whole thing that way?
                    The problem is MF then has to have the server side stuff to use it.
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X