• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dnt Txt And Drv

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dnt Txt And Drv

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8203091.stm

Powerful stuff, amazing what can be made with just £10k.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

I heard on the news this morning this has become something of an internet hit, with a lot of people in the US watching.

Powerful stuff, but made for £10K is clearly a bit of a lie. Made for £10K with all the emergency services providing helicopters, cars and fire engines and personnel for free, maybe.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      Powerful stuff, but made for £10K is clearly a bit of a lie. Made for £10K with all the emergency services providing helicopters, cars and fire engines and personnel for free, maybe.
      As it was made by the emergency services (the Police to be precise) they were presumably able to persuade their personnel to give up some time for it. It probably doubled as a useful training exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        As it was made by the emergency services (the Police to be precise) they were presumably able to persuade their personnel to give up some time for it. It probably doubled as a useful training exercise.
        While I think it is very cost effective, I question why the police should be paying for this kind of thing out of their budget, instead of catching criminals. Surely this should be the Department of Transport. But then I guess it would have cost them 10 million, so perhaps we should be glad.

It would have cost considerably more than 10K - as you say, I think it doubled as a training excercise, so the cost of their personnel/helicopter/vehicles etc. effectively came out of that budget.

Comment

Still probably one of the most shocking public info films I've seen, I just hope it's effective.

The ambiguous baby stare scene with the kids asking for the parents to wake up was particularly upsetting, sent shivers down my spine... Also made me want to buy a big 4x4.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
            While I think it is very cost effective, I question why the police should be paying for this kind of thing out of their budget, instead of catching criminals.
            Well if it has an effect, they reduce the time spent responding to accidents. How many accidents have to be prevented to get their 10k back? I'd guess about 1.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Absolutely excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Well if it has an effect, they reduce the time spent responding to accidents. How many accidents have to be prevented to get their 10k back? I'd guess about 1.
                WHS

Money well spent IMHO.

Comment

I was in almost that exact situation once, except for the actual crash bit. I was driving along on a wide, straight bit of road and could see a car coming towards me. Then it started drifting vaguely and eventually crossed the white line and continued moving across. Fortunately, the road was wide enough that I could edge over and get past. I beep-beeped as we got close and saw the other driver look up from her phone, eyes wide and swerve back onto her side of the road, which was fortunate as there were other cars behind me which would have run out of room if she'd carried on.

It was like she'd completely zoned out of the fact she was driving. So, yeah, a very realistic film there.

Comment

Follow the link about the mad women running across the M6, then have a look at this.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X