• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B

I’ve come up with a business idea and I thought I’d run it past CUK’ers before I go on to Dragon’s Den with it. What do you think?

It involves DIY jungle survival skills. The basic idea is that you are taken by air to a remote part of a jungle and then it’s up to you to get out by any means. To be realistic you are given a quick course on what’s okay to eat and will have a rough idea where you are. Then it’s up to you to get out.

Anyone up for it? Please see holiday plans above and book your preferred level of holiday (and don‘t forget to sign the waiver).
    Tarzan: You are provided with a loin cloth only
    11.11%
    Grylls: You are provided with a knife and clothes
    0.00%
    Mears: Provided with a knife, machete, matches, water purification tablets, compass and camera crew
    33.33%
    Sissy: All the above, plus mobile phone, map, distress beacon and anything else you want to take
    0.00%
    Group: As girly, but there’s more of you
    0.00%
    'Friend': Incurs 10% charge for handcuffs and tranquillisers for your friend, who we will collect
    11.11%
    I’m more of a stay-at-home AndyW jungle-fearing type
    44.44%

Don't give up Plan A just yet....
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      I’ve come up with a business idea and I thought I’d run it past CUK’ers before I go on to Dragon’s Den with it. What do you think?

It involves DIY jungle survival skills. The basic idea is that you are taken by air to a remote part of a jungle and then it’s up to you to get out by any means. To be realistic you are given a quick course on what’s okay to eat and will have a rough idea where you are. Then it’s up to you to get out.

Anyone up for it? Please see holiday plans above and book your preferred level of holiday (and don‘t forget to sign the waiver).
      Try it out on sasguru, but make sure your insurance is watertight. He'll get airsick on the chopper ride and his mother will try and sue you because you did not check that he was wearing his vest and balaclava.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Erm ... doomed?
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

You're not a Ray Mears fan then? I think Bear has a camera crew with him, though those guys must be quite tough to follow him around AND carry all the filming crap.

My favourite difference between Grylls and Mears is when they are foraging. Mears normally manages to find something that he is happy to eat, I don't think I ever saw Bear eat anything that didn't make him retch... loved the one where he starting knawing on a mouldy old sheep.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            You're not a Ray Mears fan then? I think Bear has a camera crew with him, though those guys must be quite tough to follow him around AND carry all the filming crap.

My favourite difference between Grylls and Mears is when they are foraging. Mears normally manages to find something that he is happy to eat, I don't think I ever saw Bear eat anything that didn't make him retch... loved the one where he starting knawing on a mouldy old sheep.
            Yeah, Mears is good to watch. He carries masses of kit and his menus are often supplemented by high energy items foraged from the supermarket.

Grylls is more of a showman and has been criticised for booking into a hotel after the camera's been switched off.

Comment

I guess Mears demonstrates the 'right' way, which is to have essential items with you whereas Bear demonstrates what to do when a crocodile has eaten your backpack.

I'm sure I've seen Ray do some more minimalist stuff, maybe in his younger days before he did that awful series which descended into an outdoor cookery show. I miss having Dave on Freesat, Mears is good Sunday afternoon TV and used to be on all the time.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Someone has booked the "Tarzan" holiday. My faith in CUK is thus restored.

Comment

Working...
                X