• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommend a place to buy decent office chair?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend a place to buy decent office chair?

I've bought my home office chairs from Office world and Staples over the years and they generally die on me after 12 months or so. The build quality of my current one is so poor that the back has actually fallen off due to the metal twisting as I lean back

Its now time for proper investment in something solid and ergonomic like my client co's have. Only problem is where to buy just one at a good price?

My ideal chair (and have used before) would be an Aeron chair, but then I saw the £600 price tag

Any recommendations?

Got mine from a junk shop (more of a shed really) off Brick Lane that had loads of office stuff. £20 I think. High back, arm, etc.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Some suggestions:

eBay - For ex-office chairs

Search Google for local firms who do office clearouts

Auctions - I once went to an auction of equipment of a firm who went into liquidation.
      They were selling everything including office furniture - I missed out an an extremely stylish and expensive office chair and still kick myself about it today.

Comment

Look for a second hand office furniture warehouse. I found one in the mid-90s when I was setting up a home office and they had everything from filing cabinets to board room tables. Everything from worn out tat to top quality too.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
          IMy ideal chair (and have used before) would be an Aeron chair, but then I saw the £600 price tag
          I quite fancy one of those too - they can be had second hand in good condition for around £250 I believe.
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
            I quite fancy one of those too - they can be had second hand in good condition for around £250 I believe.
            So there are!
            Nice one VF

Comment

I've got an Aeron. I bought it brand new off eBay 2 years ago for £325. Best office chair I've had - having a new one at home is a marked difference from the clapped out ones we use at work.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

ikea

Comment

http://www.posturite.co.uk/Posturite...fice%20Chairs/

Comment

It has to be a Herman Miller. My choice is the cheaper Mirra (£450ish inc VAT) and you can get the your ltd to buy it.
                    If you buy it new you will be able to pimp it with all the knobs and colours you want.
                    Last edited by crack_ho; 7 September 2009, 09:09.

Comment

Working...
                    X