• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No more

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more

Cannot take another week like last week.

I am sick of hearing "the business has had its expectation set"

meaning "I have promised the business without seeking estimates"

I am sick of being told to get in at 7:30, when no one else shows, and being told I need to stay until 5 but I am only getting paid for 8 hours.

I am sick of being asked for something at 9:30 and promising it for 11, and getting hassled for it at 9:45.

I am sick of getting in at 7:30-7:45 every day, and working til gone 6, with the boss swanning in at 9:30 and then making my life a misery.

So, from tomorrow.

I AM A CONTRACTOR.

If 8 hours a day is the maximum, then so is it mine.

If you ask me to do something, I will want to sit with you and get a spec. Then I will give estimates. These will include time to develop test plans. We will agree a timescale. We will stick to it. I will not be bullied.

I give me until around 12 to get fired by pursuing this.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

When I was a permie, to avoid the traffic, I'd arrive at 7:30, and so leave at 16:30. Lots of tuts and raised eyebrows.

So I switched. Arrived at 10:30, left at 18:00. "Good ol' NAT - always last to leave the office".
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Suityou01 you sound like a right doormat.
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        I am sick of getting in at 7:30-7:45 every day, and working til gone 6,...
        Slacker!

I'm at my desk by 8am most days and work through til 9pm.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
          Suityou01 you sound like a right doormat.
          Sure, but you sound like a right thick twat for missing the whole point of the thread.

HTH

Comment

Why is it everywhere you go there's always something wrong?

You either can't get on with the other contractors or permies, boss is a tw@t or the work is too difficult, not enough work, too much to do, porridge too hot or too cold...

Just a thought Goldilocks - it might be you....

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
              Why is it everywhere you go there's always something wrong?

You either can't get on with the other contractors or permies, boss is a tw@t or the work is too difficult, not enough work, too much to do, porridge too hot or too cold...

Just a thought Goldilocks - it might be you....
              Can you see now where the sock puppet accusations come from?

HTH

Comment

Can you see now where the sock puppet accusations come from?

HTH
                I'm only writing what everybody else is thinking...

HTH also....

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
                  I'm only writing what everybody else is thinking...

HTH also....
                  My God man, playing right into my hands. Carry on, this is too good.

Comment

My God man, playing right into my hands. Carry on, this is too good.
                    I'm scared you bully!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X