• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cat gone awol

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cat gone awol

Cat went out last Saturday night 29th Aug and hasn't come home so a week now, he has stayed out for 24hrs before but never this long. I checked with neighbours, vets, rescue centres with council and nothing been picked up off road. How long would you give him before I write him off he is chipped ?
    Last edited by Bumfluff; 6 September 2009, 19:55.

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    Cat went out last Saturday night and hasn't come home so a week now, he has stayed out for 24hrs before but never this long. I checked with neighbours, with council and nothing been picked up off road. How long would you give him before I write him off ?
    I have known cats take up to 6 weeks to come home before. My mum was crazy cat lady in our street and had 13 at one point. Thing is, it is still holiday season so maybe someone has gone on holiday and little snuggleflumps is in someones garage. Take a wander round your neighbourhood garages calling his name and shaking a box of cruckles.

Put up ads on local lamposts is quite fashionable as well.

My cat has been missing for 10 weeks now.

HTH

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

[Jim Davidson mode]Have you checked with your local Chinese restaurant [/Jim Davidson mode].

Comment

Cat went out last Saturday night 29th Aug and hasn't come home so a week now, he has stayed out for 24hrs before but never this long. I checked with neighbours, vets, rescue centres with council and nothing been picked up off road. How long would you give him before I write him off he is chipped ?
        You may find he's gone for a two week holiday with the mad cat lady down the road.

Hope he turns up soon.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Aw.

Peter Perrett wrote a song about a missing cat that The Only Ones play.

You left that morning
          You gave me no warning
          You were my best friend
          Oh, I can't live without you
          There was something about you
          I want you back again

Baby, sometimes I think of you
          Out there in the night
          All the comforts of home have been denied

People find it hard to understand
          I never cried before
          One thing's for certain
          There's nothing around that
          Could make me cry no more

Baby, sometimes I think of you
          Out there in the night
          All the comforts of home have been denied

Compared to all of them
          You stand out
          You give me pure unspoilt love
          They're all reaching and grabbing
          All you did was give me
          Love and love and love and love

Sometimes I think of you
          Out there in the night
          Roaming the empty streets
          Looking for your life

Sometimes I think of you
          Out there in the night
          You ain't here with me
          And nothing seems right

Sometimes I think of you
          Out there in the night

"Out there in the night" Peter Perrett
          I don't think the cat ever came back, but that was South London in the 1970s.

My first thought would be to agree that it has probably got stuck somewhere while the occupiers have gone on holiday however when Mrs Gonzo was a kid one of their cats did move up the road to another house because it was given better food there.

Comment

We had a cat that went AWOL for two months.

We'd given up hope when we got a call from someone about 15 miles from us who had found him and thought he looked lost.

When I arrived to collect him was the only time I've seen dog like gratitude from a cat.

This is in no way helpful but... I've always liked it. The Cat Came Back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bETCusT5kNM

Comment

There's a good chance he's lying flat and stiff on the side of the road with half his guts hanging out.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Someone near here lost a dog some weeks ago that was obviously much loved. They've put up notices inc. photo all over the place, lamp posts, trees, shop windows, I even saw one in the middle of a forest miles away. Very sad.

If anyone's lost a cat in Seattle, this may be the answer
                ...domestic cats were likely to have been its food...

Comment

One of our four moggies, Maisey, a lovely little totoiseshell, or calico, as the yanks would say, went missing last week.
                  The missus was a bit upset and had me out hunting for here at all hours. On Thursday, it must have been midnight, there was not a sound from the pavement, looked like the moon had lost her memory because she was smiling, alone.
                  The streetlights were still on, even at that hour, and the withered leaves were collecting at my feet, the wind was beginning moaning. I remembered Maisey as a kitten, it made me smile, she was beautiful then.
                  I remember a time I knew what happiness was
                  Let the memory live again

Every street lamp seemed to beat a fatalistic warning,
                  then I muttered as a street lamp guttered, it was late
                  soon it would be morning.

Daylight, I must wait for the sunrise
                  I must think of a new life and I mustn't give in.
                  When the dawn comes, tonight will be a memory, too.
                  And a new day will begin.

Burnt out ends of smoky days, the stale cold smell of morning.
                  A street lamp dies, another night is over
                  Another day is dawning.

Touch me, it's so easy to leave me
                  All alone with the memory of my days in the sun.
                  If you touch me, you'll understand what happiness is
                  Look a new day has begun

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                    There's a good chance he's lying flat and stiff on the side of the road with half his guts hanging out.
                    Intermittently either singing "Danny Boy" or swearing incoherently at passers by
                    We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
                    - Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
                    X