• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muppet Rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muppet Rate

Just seen a role that closely matches some niche skills that I have.

Unfortunately the rate I'd expect is about three times what they are advertising.

Agency is an Indian BPO company, but advert also states that applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.

I know that these guys sometimes state a mickey mouse rate to try and justify why they need to bring someone in from asia.

Is this still legal? I thought that there were some attempts to clamp down on this.

Originally posted by MonzaMike View Post
    Just seen a role that closely matches some niche skills that I have.

Unfortunately the rate I'd expect is about three times what they are advertising.

Agency is an Indian BPO company, but advert also states that applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.

I know that these guys sometimes state a mickey mouse rate to try and justify why they need to bring someone in from asia.

Is this still legal? I thought that there were some attempts to clamp down on this.
    See plenty of this each and every day on Jobserve. TBH, I don't thing it matters what your skillset is - some Indians will always claim they have it - so agents will always "try it on" and profit from that route too their clients. Whether the client gets VFM is another matter entirely...

Nomadd
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

New Law says employers cannot hire a foreigner unless they give a fair chance to settled worker in selection process offering fair contract rate. Settled workers rule applies for employee, contractor or cosultants/temps.
      So it is clearly illegal to offer below market rate to circumvent the rules with the intention to hire a foreigner.

If the company fails to respond, you can file a compliant. Let your intentions know to the this company your are talking about and find out the their reaction.

Please come back to the forum when you have any updates on this issue,

Comment

Working...
      X