• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bob Crow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob Crow

Much as I detest this character, I feel compelled to agree with him over the drivers refusing to volunteer for sunday working after their pay rates were slashed. WTF did London Midland Management imagine was going to happen under such an arrangement?? British Management..........you wouldn't follow them out of a burning building!!!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Agreed. I don't like Bob Crow (even though I'm ex RMT) but the drivers did nothing wrong, they are not contracted to work Sundays.

Mgt: "Will you work Sundays for normal pay?"

Drivers: "No"

Mgt: "Ah go on.......pleassseeeeeee?"

They don't get this whole barter system do they. If they want them to work weekends make sure its in thier contract and they are properly compensated for it. Its beggars belief that a company that is providing a service doesn't have cover for 1/7th of its working week! Can you imagine Tesco/Asda not having anyone contracted to work Sundays and just hoping they turn up?

Comment

I bet Bob Shawadiwadi and his pals could drive a train.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Why is it no surprise that you back this retrograde bunch of overpaid, work-shy individuals? The British working class and their sense of spurious entitlement to wages and benefits that cannot be justified by the level and quality of work done is the reason why this country is bankrupt.

HTH
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Why is it no surprise that you back this retrograde bunch of overpaid, work-shy individuals? The British working class and their sense of spurious entitlement to wages and benefits that cannot be justified by the level and quality of work done is the reason why this country is bankrupt.

HTH
          Sunday is a day of rest for the working classes.

As to level and quality of work done, I'd say the drivers were doing an admirable job - when was the last time a train crashed and it was the drivers fault?

HTH

PS: Bob Crowe is a ****** of the highest order. This country would be immeasurably improved by his demise/retirement.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

As to level and quality of work done, I'd say the drivers were doing an admirable job - when was the last time a train crashed and it was the drivers fault?

HTH
            Shhhhh.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

what is a even bigger joke is that lack of "work" they do on the Underground anyway. From ticket inspectors to those behind the counter - its a joke - cant even call it a job. Yet they moan at every development.

Sack the lot of them and get in the Polish!

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

HTH

PS: Bob Crowe is a ****** of the highest order. This country would be immeasurably improved by his demise/retirement.
                i take it this was a joke? You cant actually crash a train anymore. There are soo many systems in place that youd have to have Superman behind it pushing it to crash!

Train Drivers job is a piece of piss - yet these scumbags get £35k for what?

Comment

What is the barrier to entry to becoming a train driver?
                  Aside that is, from being able to stay awake.

These guys are overpaid layabouts and Bob Crow is a complete ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Hangover View Post
                    What is the barrier to entry to becoming a train driver?
                    Aside that is, from being able to stay awake.

These guys are overpaid layabouts and Bob Crow is a complete ****.
                    agree!!

Comment

Working...
                    X