• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC Clearence, 2 years financial check

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC Clearence, 2 years financial check

Hi, Apologies if this has been discussed here before but i'm looking for some advice. 2 years ago I applied and was granted SC clearance, however due to having a number of credit accounts (took 8 months off work and racked up some debt due to having a poorly child) this was only granted for 2 years and was then to be reviewed. Taking into account the current climate and throw a 10% pay cut into the mix my finances are the same as when the initial check was carried out 2 years ago and I am beginning to get concerned that it could be revoked due to the lack of improvement. I have no CCJ's, IVA's or bankruptcies, just a few late payments on cards which do eventually get paid albeit a couple of weeks late sometimes.

Obviously the way things are in the IT market having the SC is a massive bonus, especially as public sector are the only people who seem to be spending on IT. It's caused more than a few sleepless nights to be honest.

Has anybody had any similar experience with SC?

Working...
X