• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

six days from now I will be in the middle of the Great Victorian desert in Australia, on a trial of endurance and willpower, human spirit against the forces of nature, scouse native wit in a battle against the ferocious and poisonous Australians.

If you want to sponsor me, send me some money now

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    six days from now I will be in the middle of the Great Victorian desert in Australia, on a trial of endurance and willpower, human spirit against the forces of nature, scouse native wit in a battle against the ferocious and poisonous Australians.

If you want to sponsor me, send me some money now

Off on the family holiday then?
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Off on the family holiday then?
      I've been in training for a week, turned the thermostat up to 30 in the house and I've been dinking nothing but wee. Fosters I think they call it.

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)

Comment

Great Victorian desert in Australia ?!
        Great Ferkin Jesus why??

it's raining btw.. and nowhere near 30degC.
        I'm driving from Brisbane to Airlie beach tommorrow.. wish me luck, I'm taking a 2yr old
        Last edited by craig_m67; 7 September 2009, 13:31. Reason: even worse spelling

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          I've been in training for a week, turned the thermostat up to 30 in the house and I've been dinking nothing but wee. Fosters I think they call it.
          They call it wee too.

Suggestions for your beer sampling pleasure:
          Coopers - Sparkling in particular
          Tooheys - Extra Dry or Red (normal Tooheys is piss)
          VB at a push.
          Carlton - Crown Lager
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

You've only just come back from your last OZ holiday. Why not move out there?

Comment

Originally posted by craig_m67 View Post
              Great Victorian desert in Australia ?!
              Great Ferkin Jesus why??
              because its there

just think about it. Desolation as far as the eye can see, nothing decent to drink for 500 miles, no decent birds for 500 miles, venemous creatures and vultures everywhere.
              I'm leaving all that behind to go to the desert

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

So, you're leaving London to go to the desert.....good move!!
                "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

I like the bit where Gracie Fields sings Oh-Oh-Oh, Oh-Oh-Oh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EUytEX_XkE (contains sound)

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    You've only just come back from your last OZ holiday. Why not move out there?
                    I'm too old to be a permie. But they'll let me in with my holiday dollars - oh yes.
                    b@rsteds

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                    X