• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

German Army vs British Army - who would win?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Army vs British Army - who would win?

I reckon them Germans are just as efficient as they were 70 years ago. They're just keeping it quiet and letting us bankrupt ourselves in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    Clever buggers.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Don't know about matching the armies, but the Royal Navy could knacker their whole country in a matter of minutes.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      Don't know about matching the armies, but the Royal Navy could knacker their whole country in a matter of minutes.
      Ah yes. That wouldn't be very sporting though.

The Germans aren't bothered about not having nukes though. They reckon they could just take France's in a matter of days
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Ah yes. That wouldn't be very sporting though.

The Germans aren't bothered about not having nukes though. They reckon they could just take France's in a matter of days
        Wouldn't necessarily require nukes, just the TLAMs. Not sure if we'd be able to get replacements though as the US probably would not take too kindly to the UK expending it's entire stockpile on a friendly nation...
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

They ain't allowed nukes.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Wouldn't necessarily require nukes, just the TLAMs. Not sure if we'd be able to get replacements though as the US probably would not take too kindly to the UK expending it's entire stockpile on a friendly nation...
            Don't the Jerries have TLAMs too?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

what a pointless thread

"My dad or your dad, who's the hardest?"
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                what a pointless thread
                Are there any others?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Don't the Jerries have TLAMs too?
                  IIRC , only USA & UK have them.

Also, I don't think they have the subs to deploy them (with the UK as a target).

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    As the song used to go, many many moons ago (and slightly inaccurately as it happens)... "We won the war in 1944"...
                    I belive the actual lyrics are :

"Two World Wars and One World Cup,
                    Two World Wars and One World Cup"
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X