• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Currency Exchange Sites

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currency Exchange Sites

Anything I can check just to be sure they're 100% kosher? I'm sure they are but I'm very loathe to click the submit button and watch thousands of Euros vanish into the ether.

The one I've registered with is http://www.tranzfers.com some Australian company. There were others closer to home but 2 gave me 501 errors when I was registering and the others would put most software consultancies to shame with all the nebulous sales bollocks you have to wade through first to determine whether or not they actually do what you want them to do.

been using them for 2 years and never had a problem, could have used my referral code

Comment

Originally posted by dozer View Post
      been using them for 2 years and never had a problem, could have used my referral code
      Well when I log in tomorrow I'll see if it's not too late.....

Comment

If you are transferring large sums I would suggest www.ukforex.com same company as tranzfers but no fees, commissions and generally better rates.

Tranzfers if fine if you are sending smaller amounts.

Comment

Originally posted by backlight View Post
          If you are transferring large sums I would suggest www.ukforex.com same company as tranzfers but no fees, commissions and generally better rates.

Another vote here for UKForex.

I used them to make a series of transfers from the UK to NZ last year and earlier this year with no issues. I was actually impressed by the speed that the money could be transferred from my account in the UK to my account in NZ, and that is coming from someone with a finance systems background.

I kept each transfer to £5000 so that they were big enough so that there were no fees but small enough that they went through the same-day BACS process at the UK end. All transfers were completed in twelve to thirty-six hours depending on the time of day at both ends.

If you have already been through the money-laundering requirements with Tranzfers then I would stick with them and wear the fees rather than go through that again with another provider. It's the same company.

Comment

I can do FOREX for you if you like ?

Just send me a load of money and I'll exchange it in to the new Space Wolves Army from Games Workshop for er...my..er...nephew...
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by backlight View Post

Thanks for the link - most useful.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Transferz is fine - I used them for a couple of years when I lived in Oz. Also www.rabbitfx is another one which an ex-director of mine has setup - check it out

Comment

how come ytou need these companies.

Can the UK bank not transfer money to the NZ bank?
                  "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                    how come ytou need these companies.

Can the UK bank not transfer money to the NZ bank?
                    It's Spanish bank -> UK bank. The rate at which any high street bank buys is considerably less than the standard buy rate. With these fx companies, you pay a fee and they do the conversion at the standard rate. With large sums of money you stand to make quite a saving.

Comment

Working...
                    X