• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone worked for Logica?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone worked for Logica?

I've just taken a call about a possible long contract in the Middle East for Logica. Anyone worked with Logica before?

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    I've just taken a call about a possible long contract in the Middle East for Logica. Anyone worked with Logica before?
    I did know some people who worked there, lost touch now.
    They seamed to have two types of employees New or Burnt-out.
    Their deployment method = 1. In at the deep end. 2.You'er on your own.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I can’t really say I worked ‘with’ them because my last experience of being on a site with them on was extremely hostile. This was over ten years ago as was about the time that the outsourcing craze was beginning. Logica’s representative used to make attacking comments about UK contractors and how they should be replaced with Logica outsourced or imported staff in every document and at every meeting. Even the local management got so fed up with her that they told her to stop. I’ve refused to have anything to do with the company ever since and repeat this story.

The woman was so fat and ugly that she was officially registered disabled.
      I a chié vous pas!
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I'll never get a gig with them, I gave my CV to a Logica employee as he said he'd split the 4k signing on fee should I get a job/gig.

Kind of ruined any chance I'd ever have.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
          Their deployment method = 1. In at the deep end. 2.You'er on your own.
          Perfect for SY01 (or just like everywhere else then)
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Logica are mainly burnt out, jaded drones who regret not going contracting.

Logica chap I once worked with was billed (rumour had it) at over £2K a day for five years.
            When the client finally got rid of him, he was told by his top brass he had a week to find a new gig or he would be considered for redundancy.
            Cats are evil.

Comment

From my experience they imported a lot of cheap offshore labour and everyone else was contracting to logica, no uk permies in sight.

Lots of meetings to arrange meetings and a bit headless with documentation and procedures being conjured up and needing to be written for writings sake.

Worked on site for 6 months, at month 5 they informed me I should have been security cleared, got a better gig elsewhere after month 6 so didnt accept the renewal, month 7 I received the SC papers in the post for "urgent completion" shame it needed management sign off or I would have sent them in anyway just to get SC cleared.
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                Logica are mainly burnt out, jaded drones who regret not going contracting.
                Problem is, they were like that when I left them to go contracting in 1989! They had an attitude of "Six months from now, you'll be back knocking on our door..."

I still haven't found that door.

Nomadd
                nomadd liked this post

Comment

I have not worked for them but have worked with them on two contracts. They were useless both times. Never delivered anything on either projects. They submitted a proposal for a tender I ran once and it was tripe! Poorly written and not worth the paper it was written on.

If the contract is good and pays well I probably wouldn't say no and just suck it up! It is a long contract and pays at the end of the day!

Comment

spent a few days wfh over a few weeks late last year trying to assist in logica implementation in france. in the end the deal fell through more's the pity. a contract is a contract. if it pays well enough and the location is ok who cares whether the integrator is full of tulip?

Comment

Working...
                    X