• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finally!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally!

I have been put forward for a role!

My phone has been dead for weeks and I actually got a call which was not someone poking around for my two references which is now a "legal requirement"!

It is quite nice to have a glimmer of hope even if it falls through at least!

have you actually been put forward for a role or did you just given them the references?

methinks they woz fishin' and there aint no role

You'll never hear from them again
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Nope the reference requests were from all the other calls over the past few months. Just spam all the time and really felt like I was getting nowhere.

It is actually a role! They only have my CV and asked me to edit it to include some more details around a couple of my past projects. Interviews are next week. Start date is 2 weeks time.

Fingers crossed!

Comment

It's a start!
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I hope you get the role.
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Congratulations. hope you are successful.

Comment

I took a call from a pimp today who wanted two references.

That'd be a "no", then - but you can have a look at my LinkedIn profile, if you want...

Comment

Thanks everyone! I have my fingers crossed. It is a good feeling as I have been a little bit negative recently. Even if it doesn't work out it has definitely improved my mood at the least!

Menelaus I found the answer is to tell them to email across all their details and that I will respond via email with my references. They always say they will and they never do. The last thing they want is for you to have all their details. I am still trying to be polite even though I know they are wasting my time and deep down I really want to tell them to bleep off!

Comment

Best of luck - hope it leads to an interview.

How long have you been on the bench?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                    Best of luck - hope it leads to an interview.

How long have you been on the bench?
                    Thank you.

Just under two months so really not that long at all in the scheme of things especially in this economy. It feels like a lifetime when you are surfing job boards all day every day. Am pretty sure everyone on here that is in the same boat is feeling it too.

Comment

Working...
                    X