• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I've decided to learn Chinese

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've decided to learn Chinese

Here's what i've learnt:

1)That’s not right. - Sum Ting Wong

2)Are you harbouring a fugitive - Hu Yu Hai Ding

3)See me ASAP - Kum Hia

4)Stupid Man - Dum Fuk

5)Small Horse - Tai Ni Po Ni

6)Did you go to the beach - Wai Yu So Tan

7)I bumped the coffee table - Ai Bang Mai Fa Kin Ni

Cool I think you need a face lift - Chin Tu Fat

9)It’s Very dark in here - Wai So Dim

10) I Thought you were on a diet - Wai Yu Mun Ching

11) This is a tow away zone -- No Pah King

12) Our meeting is scheduled for next week - Wai Yu Kum Nao

13) Staying out of sight - Lei Ying Lo

14) He’s cleaning his automobile - Wa Shing Ka

15)Your body odor is offensive - Yu Stin Ki Pu

16) Great - Fa Kin Su Pah

The guy at the Chinese restaurant near my office always says "Cha" whenever he sees me.
    I am not sure what it means though.

Comment

Originally posted by Statistician
      The guy at the Chinese restaurant near my office always says "Cha" whenever he sees me.
      I am not sure what it means though.
      Nor am I, but a chinese bloke at my school used to call me that if I kicked him in footy matches.

Comment

don't you think that it would make more sense for schools to teach chinese and Urdu than French & German? Would be far more useful

Comment

Where is the "Hands up and take me to your leader"?

Comment

Mandarin you dip stick.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Craig~
              don't you think that it would make more sense for schools to teach chinese and Urdu than French & German? Would be far more useful
              And how many UK people need to converse in Mandarin?

We're in the European Union, not some sort of Sino-UK twin town arrangement.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Craig~
                Spanish is spoken in more countries than any other language except English.

Comment

Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom
                  Spanish is spoken in more countries than any other language except English.
                  Mostly in South and Central America. If you're not going there, you don't need it.

But I do like the idea of cutting out French as the first foreign language. That really annoys them.

Comment

Why bother spekaing French these days? They will still burn your car / sheep and rape you underage daughter on a school trip. Why bother going as far as Iraq, theres plenty of evil 26 miles away from dover for our lad Tone to concentrate on....
                    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
                    X