• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody plumber……

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody plumber……

As part of the extension I am having done, the builder has engaged with a plumber. (Typically fat, does not turn up when advised, etc).

Last week he made a wrong assumption with the overflow in the attic resulting in a flood into the kitchen. Thankfully got in time before seeped into the laminate floor, so he got away with that one.

Last night discovered that work to the hot water pipe under the sink was not put back correctly, so a large constant leak – the chipboard cupboards are shot, and laminate floor is curling up.

One of the new radiators in only hung on with one bracket.

Toilet sink is loose, and not sealed.

Central heating will only work with the hot water turned on, totally screwed up the controls (which probably got wet and knackered with the ceiling leak).

Suffice to say I am withholding payment to the builder until he gets another plumber onto the case. Feel bad about this as the builder is sound, but, he pays the plumber, hence I have no option but to withold payment until problems plus damage is sorted.

Having one of those weeks.

I've been away for a few days. Has this place been turned into an asylum?

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      Having one of those lives.
      At some point you're really going to have to ask yourself what the common factor is in all your unfortunate situations.

Comment

WTF is a toilet sink?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          WTF is a toilet sink?
          Its something special that only window licker's have

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            WTF is a toilet sink?
            It's what you get in scummy student accomodation.

That's what my old housemate had anyway.

I guess it was a marginal improvement on him just opening the window and checking no one was walking below first.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
              As part of the extension I am having done, the builder has engaged with a plumber.
              Do you live at the YMCA?
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                At some point you're really going to have to ask yourself what the common factor is in all your unfortunate situations.

Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

See............

Wilmslow's real life is so much more believable than his sock - SY01 - I enjoy his daily trials...

Someone should do a daily cartoon in the newspaper...

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
                    See............

Wilmslow's real life is so much more believable than his sock - SY01 - I enjoy his daily trials...

Someone should do a daily cartoon in the newspaper...
                    Dullbert?

Comment

Working...
                    X