• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Emile Heskey

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emile Heskey

The man is a genius. Not only has he invented a new position, the non-scoring centre-forward, but his mere presence allows England to score goals freely. Can't figure it out but the stats don't lie.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    The man is a genius. Not only has he invented a new position, the non-scoring centre-forward, but his mere presence allows England to score goals freely. Can't figure it out but the stats don't lie.
    Bit of a quandry there. He had 2 sitters last night and although the goalie was brilliant Heskey yhould have scored.
    The reason he is so valuable is because he doesnt fall over like most who play his role. He is an honest hardworking palyer who doesnt play for free kicks and penalties. That means the ball stays in play and the rest of the team get chances in open play. England have some brilliant goal scorers given the feed that Heskey provides.
    He doesnt have to score, he just has to hold the ball while the scorers get there and maybe draw a couple of defenders too.
    Now all we need to do is teach him how to score (though his record is not that bad).
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Maybe it's a new position as far as England is concerned, but Portugal has a well established non-scoring centre-forward academy for years!

Well done England!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
        Bit of a quandry there. He had 2 sitters last night and although the goalie was brilliant Heskey yhould have scored.
        The reason he is so valuable is because he doesnt fall over like most who play his role. He is an honest hardworking palyer who doesnt play for free kicks and penalties. That means the ball stays in play and the rest of the team get chances in open play. England have some brilliant goal scorers given the feed that Heskey provides.
        He doesnt have to score, he just has to hold the ball while the scorers get there and maybe draw a couple of defenders too.
        Now all we need to do is teach him how to score (though his record is not that bad).
        I guess you're right. Whenever there's a thrashing by England (Germany in Munich, Croatia last night) Heskey's there.
        Have to say he's one of the unlikeliest world cup players in years, but he just may be the secret weapon.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

I guess you're right. Whenever there's a thrashing by England (Germany in Munich, Croatia last night) Heskey's there.
          Have to say he's one of the unlikeliest world cup players in years, but he just may be the secret weapon.
          I always regarded him as a bit of a donkey because he was clumsy and didnt score, but over the years I have realised how he provides for other players.
          The problem now is he is getting old and Defoe seems to be scoring freely from that position. I think the Heskey for an hour then sub is probably a good solution. If we get behind and dont look like scoring then sub early. Might work.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

I always regarded him as a bit of a donkey because he was clumsy and didnt score, but over the years I have realised how he provides for other players.
            The problem now is he is getting old and Defoe seems to be scoring freely from that position. I think the Heskey for an hour then sub is probably a good solution. If we get behind and dont look like scoring then sub early. Might work.
            I'd favour Heskey over Defoe all day long. The recent alternatives have always seemed to fit the mould of short, quick, fox in the box types; Owen, Defoe etc. (Crouch is a freak and out of his depth)

Come the big tournaments these guys are easy to defend against, often bullied off the ball. They're also pretty useless when our beautiful game turns ugly, i.e. we can't keep possession for longer than 10 seconds and resort to the "lump it forward, and hope for the best" fall back strategy.

That's where Heskey comes into his own. He's basically a pain in the arse for the opposition, and he's over 5' 8.

Comment

Can't agree with the not falling over part. I remeber reading some fooball manager complaining about Heskey saying that he can't understand how such a big bloke can spend so much time on his arse
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Hangover View Post
                I'd favour Heskey over Defoe all day long. The recent alternatives have always seemed to fit the mould of short, quick, fox in the box types; Owen, Defoe etc. (Crouch is a freak and out of his depth)

Come the big tournaments these guys are easy to defend against, often bullied off the ball. They're also pretty useless when our beautiful game turns ugly, i.e. we can't keep possession for longer than 10 seconds and resort to the "lump it forward, and hope for the best" fall back strategy.

That's where Heskey comes into his own. He's basically a pain in the arse for the opposition, and he's over 5' 8.
                Actually I think the reason England have been scoring well recently is because we have many different types of forward at the moment.
                There's the "holder-upper", Heskey, the "fox", Dafoe and the "Run-at-em" Lennon. A handful for any defence.
                Plus the backs like to go forward.

To be a credible team we need a rock 'ard defence, though, which we haven't got.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Actually I think the reason England have been scoring well recently is because we have many different types of forward at the moment.
                  There's the "holder-upper", Heskey, the "fox", Dafoe and the "Run-at-em" Lennon. A handful for any defence.
                  Plus the backs like to go forward.

To be a credible team we need a rock 'ard defence, though, which we haven't got.
                  I think I would have to agree with that. What has happened to our defence? Is it getting sloppy because the new players like to get forward?

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

I think I would have to agree with that. What has happened to our defence? Is it getting sloppy because the new players like to get forward?
                    Yeah think so - poor discipline.
                    If we can fix that, we could be a contender.
                    I think a semi place in the Wolrd Cup is a reasonable ambition i.e. one better than the last two times.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X