• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Q car - badge snobs need not apply

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Q car - badge snobs need not apply

I love Q cars. Unobtrusive cars that no one gives a second look to (and hence good for London*), yet bring a grin to your face when you drive them.
    2 very good ones I have driven are the Mazda 6 MPS and Skoda Fabia vRs.

Anyone got another others?

* Also good for contractors who want to keep a low profile
    Last edited by sasguru; 10 September 2009, 14:04.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

last anonymous car to make me grin was a smart four four diesel 3 cylinder. not nearly enough motorway grunt but in town it had more than enough zip. felt great to drive but the grin clincher was that it sounded utterly, utterly fantastic.

Comment

vw passat 2.0 tdi estate

I thought it was going to be complete and utter sh!te but in fact it was only marginally sh!te.. very surprising
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

yeah but what fridge did you get?

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
          yeah but what fridge did you get?
          we're still looking, sort of, have invested in some power tools, a sling catcher and went to the spa instead, far more interesting
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
            we're still looking, sort of, have invested in some power tools, a sling catcher and went to the spa instead, far more interesting
            what sort of bit rate are you getting with your sling box? How is the picture?
            I have a box and catcher. Picture gets a bit pixely, especially with sports and stuff.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Morris Minor or Morris 1800 are very nice...hmm though they do get looks.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

The winner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlxzhpVdXQM
                Cats are evil.

Comment

I knew somebody who had a Hillman Imp in the 90's. They'd put a 2.5 litre engine (and a roll cage) in it for rallying.

They would take great pleasure in putting on their crash helmets and burning XR3is from the lights.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Triumpth TR4...
                    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Working...
                    X