• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finally a British Citizen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After holding dual nationality for a few yrs now (kenyan and british), i finally decided to pledge my allegiance to the queen. Glad i did as i consider this my home now and i have adapted to the way of life i think . Another good thing for me is that i no longer have to be told "excuse me mate wrong que" at the airport . Only downside is i now have to apply for a visa to go back to my country

would anyone else renounce their citizenship in a similar situation or are you thinking, sock puppet

Originally posted by slickcontractor View Post
    After holding dual nationality for a few yrs now (kenyan and british), i finally decided to pledge my allegiance to the queen.
    So, what's your nationality now, (British and British) ?

.. this my home now .. apply for a visa to go back to my country
    confused

would anyone else renounce their citizenship in a similar situation or are you thinking, sock puppet
    the latter ... or drunk ..

Comment

are you thinking, sock puppet
      That was my first thought too.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        That was my first thought too.

Comment

excuse me mate wrong que
          Wrong que? Are you sure you're not french?
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

As a Kenyan you're already a servant of HM.

Comment

Just when they are about to make it illegal.

Even the former PM's kids don't want to be British.

Note that I have not mentioned that one of them would rather not be alive that be a child of B'Lair. Oh damn, I just did.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Only downside is i now have to apply for a visa to go back to my country
                The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Shock puppet
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

When I read the thread title I thought it meant Finally (found) a British Citizen in this land full of non british citizens!
                    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                    X