• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newbies looking for work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies looking for work

Lakeside International, Frimley on the 18th of November
    Ignite your career opportunities today!
    EDS, a world leading IT company, invites you to join their team. As part of the recruitment drive, we would like to invite you to an open day on Friday the 18th November from 10am until 7pm at:

Lakeside International & Continental Hotels, Frimley, Nr. Camberley, Surrey

EDS are looking to recruit over 100 IT professionals in both the Applications and infrastructure arena, ideally with experience of working in the defence/military sector.

With over 100 vacancies from 2nd line support to Architects, and Developers to Project Management, we will have the ideal career opportunity for you.

EDS are looking to offer opportunities on the day. Please ensure you bring your passport as identification (this will be required if an offer is made) Please note - offers cannot be processed on the day without your valid ID

The open day provides you with the opportunity to talk to EDS's technical and management staff to discuss what kind of role you are looking for. So why don't you come along for the day to find out more.

Who are EDS?
    EDS provides a broad portfolio of business and technology solutions to help its clients worldwide improve their business performance. Their core portfolio comprises information-technology, applications and business process services, as well as information-technology transformation services.
    EDS was established in the United Kingdom in 1984. Since then the business has substantially grown and developed and now serves more than 120 major clients across most industry sectors. The EDS Defence services division based in Andover, Hook, Fleet, Portsmouth and Bicester offers many solutions to the Defence Industry including:

Military lifecycle logistics and supply chain management
    Command and Control - systems and support
    Personnel, training, and administration
    Military medical health services
    Information security
    Defence secure infrastructure
    Specialized applications
    Knowledge management
    Program management
    When is the Open Day?
    On the 18th of November from 10am until 7pm

Where is the Open Day?
    Lakeside International & Continental Hotels
    Wharf Road
    Frimley Green
    Nr. Camberley
    Surrey
    GU16 6JR
    Telephone: 01252 838000

M3: Junction 4
    Down to the roundabout.
    Take 2nd exit to Frimley
    Take slip road on the left for Frimley
    At the top of the road turn left towards Frimley.
    At roundabout turn right (3rd exit) for Frimley town centre.
    At the roundabout, by the Old White Hart Pub, turn left.
    Follow road (Frimley Green Road), you will see Johnson's on the right. Straight over next roundabout.
    At the next roundabout (the green is on the right) and you take a left onto Wharf Road. The EDS open day is 200 yards on the right
    Take first left into car park and come in the main entrance.
    We are in the Peninsular Lounge straight on.
    To find out more
    Please confirm your attendance and send us your updated CV we can source suitable roles for you in advance. For further information please call or email us using the details below:

Email: [email protected]

© EDS 2005

Usual disclaimer. I am not connected with EDS or Elan in any way.
    This message is reproduced for information only. And I am not liable, blah blah blahdy blah!

yawn..........ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz more EDS crap.....

well done Pheonix on the Cut 'n Paste lessorns...
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

don't knock it lads,

a big company ony our cv at an early age - like after uni is very useful as a step towards contracting and having a continuous blue chip filled cv

Milan.

Comment

Actually, I much prefer being on the other side of the table to EDS and screwing up their sales patter to the client. For example, in one EDS/HMG contract, there were 72 pages of garble on liquidated damages in the event of service failure (and yes, I had to read all of them, plus the other 300-odd pages of contract speak). Don't think the EDS account manager was too pleased when I pointed out the clause earlier on in the contract that meant the circumstances where liquidated damages would be payable could never occur in the real world...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
          yawn..........ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz more EDS crap.....

well done Pheonix on the Cut 'n Paste lessorns...

Hey! don't knock it . I was just trying to help those poor buggers that can't
          find these sort of numpty job roles.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
            don't knock it lads,

a big company ony our cv at an early age - like after uni is very useful as a step towards contracting and having a continuous blue chip filled cv

Milan.

By the way Gooner looks like Milan thinks your still in Uni

P.S haven't you got a school to be looking at?

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix
              By the way Gooner looks like Milan thinks your still in Uni

P.S haven't you got a school to be looking at?
              schools done now thanks Phoenix - looks just what we want - up the road from where you used to stomp - by Fidelity who offered me a job the other day.

Off to try and find a generator for the cottage now 6kva delsil with autostart.
              SA says;
              Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              (whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
              X