• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phew

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phew

Its not just me!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8246313.stm
    Coffee's for closers

Very good but quite overrated. Some terribly average songs that are regarded as classics, and they pilfered the Beach Boys songs for Sargent Peppers

Comment

Did BBC accidentally run a story from The Onion?

"Man dislikes Beatles"
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Beach Boys
        Hmmmm.... a barber shop quartet with too much time on their hands.

Comment

Originally posted by bekarovka View Post
          Hmmmm.... a barber shop quartet with too much time on their hands.
          There was 5 of them.

Comment

I'm not alone! - cant stand the 'fekkkers
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

According to an article in last week's Sunday Times, the Beatles wouldn't have been remembered the same way if Lennon hadn't split them up.

Exclusive: John Lennon, the lost interviews

John Lennon did many brilliant things in his life, but arguably one of his most inspired acts was his deliberate destruction of the Beatles in 1969 — just 40 years ago this month. It didn’t seem that way then, not to tens of millions of devastated Beatles fans around the world, and not to Paul McCartney, who, feeling abandoned, went off to his farm in Scotland and into a deep depression.

But if Lennon, who’d started the group that evolved into the Beatles, hadn’t murdered his creation at that moment, if the band had somehow struggled on through their rows into the 1970s, I doubt that you’d be reading this article today.

By killing the Beatles before they could disappoint us, as they inevitably would have done when music fashions changed and the band’s later albums didn’t quite live up to the ones we still love, Lennon froze them for ever at their peak.
              According to a biography of the Beatles I read in the 1980s their last joint effort was in fact Ringo's album. According to that version, they helped Ringo so that he could put some serious dosh in the bank and maintain the lifestyle to which he had become accustomed.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                According to an article in last week's Sunday Times, the Beatles wouldn't have been remembered the same way if Lennon hadn't split them up.
                Nor would Jack the Rippers victims if he hadn't
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Hey Jude and Come Together are all time classics ... after that there's not a lot of good ... nah nah nah nahhhhhhhhhhh nahhh nah ha, na na na nahhhh

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
                    Hey Jude and Come Together are all time classics ... after that there's not a lot of good ... nah nah nah nahhhhhhhhhhh nahhh nah ha, na na na nahhhh
                    Yesterday, Fool On The Hill, Eleanor Rigby?
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X