• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency got me an interview...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency got me an interview...

An agency have lined me up for an interview despite me telling them 2 weeks ago I had accepted a perm job offer and that I was no longer in the game.. pimp wanted to meet me in person which I arranged, but then cancelled the day before. All the same he rang me from the hotel asking where I was and I had to remind him we had cancelled previously the day before.

It's a project lead role, not my mainstream line of work, but something I can do.. are times changing? I would have thought they'd have 900 applicants to pick from on something like this.. or does the pimp have a medical condition causing short term memory loss?
    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

It's possible he has a form of OCD which compels him to collect information such as references and previous clients.

I've generally found these meetings to be a waste of my time anyway
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post

I've generally found these meetings to be a waste of my time anyway
      WSS

Nothing ever comes out of them
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

For the first time this year I was asked if I would leave my current contract early ... perhaps things are on the up ... but don't bank on it ;-)

Comment

I've noticed job permie job vacancies are advertising significantly higher salaries, mainly because the banks are hiring again (I know of one bank who put out 48 job vacancies last week). Contract rates seem to be edging higher but not as much as permie.

Comment

Working...
          X