• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordon is weird.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon is weird.

Why on earth does he write a column in the DT regarding the apology to Alan Turing?

It is written with al the characteristic pomp and heavy handedness, but for him to write in the DT seems to me like inviting Puff Daddy to sing at a KKK gathering.

Every comment seems to be people venting their spleens at him for being such a cr@p PM and most posts hardly even address the subject matter.

What does he expect to achieve by that.

And this his after his minion Miliband got pasted for writing about Afghanistan.
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Indeed.

What right does he have to offer an apology to Alan Turing anyway?

More of the glib, empty posturing and political maneuvering we have come to expect from this shabby, cowardly oaf and his incompetent apparatchiks.

Of course, Turing was treated abominably, but so were many thousands of other men. Is Brown going to apologize to them all individually. A fair number of them may still be alive so the apology might actually mean something.

I loathe this sham of apologising for things that happened in history in the hope that it will somehow make it all right.

It's a though they, the apologisers, are trying to impose their morals and mores on the people of the past and in some, deranged way, rewrite history.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
      Why on earth does he write a column in the DT regarding the apology to Alan Turing?

It is written with al the characteristic pomp and heavy handedness, but for him to write in the DT seems to me like inviting Puff Daddy to sing at a KKK gathering.

Every comment seems to be people venting their spleens at him for being such a cr@p PM and most posts hardly even address the subject matter.

What does he expect to achieve by that.

And this his after his minion Miliband got pasted for writing about Afghanistan.
      Next he should apologise for the First Afghan War, when badly equipped British troops were massacred during a campaign to maintain a pro-Western Government to counterbalance a neighbouring pro-Russian Iran.

Er, hang on, that sounds vaguely familiar.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

He's saying:

"Hey newspapers, amongst many skills I can offer your company is writing opinion pieces. Remember that come next June. I also work well both individually and as part of a team."

Comment

Again

And again

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...operation.html

His style of writing seems to be intended to be authoritive but comes across as patronising and dictatorial.

Maybe he is trying to thin out the conservative electorate by causing an apoplexy in all the people who read this sh1te.
          There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Sorry, I'm no longer interested in anything this man has to say.

Comment

Have you seen his handwriting - it looks like a kids first attempt!
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

What a self-aggrandising twat.

It reads like 1970s Russian propaganda (or at least what I imagine 1970s Russian propaganda was like).

Comment

I see the comments are going well...
                  Originally posted by MrDavies
                  Give me back my pension.

Stop talking drivel.

Resign.

Simple enough for you, oaf?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                    I see the comments are going well...

Comment

Working...
                    X