• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tubular Bells…

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tubular Bells…

Is my PM´s ringtone, but not in a stylish way; it´s one of those nasty bleepy self programmed versions.

I actually quite like Mike Oldfield’s weird and wacky album. I occasionally listen to it while training on my rowing machine; the trance-like weirdness of it all distracts me from the agony that a Concept2 rowing machine can inflict on the body.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Is my PM´s ringtone, but not in a stylish way; it´s one of those nasty bleepy self programmed versions.

I actually quite like Mike Oldfield’s weird and wacky album. I occasionally listen to it while training on my rowing machine; the trance-like weirdness of it all distracts me from the agony that a Concept2 rowing machine can inflict on the body.
    Slow day sweetie - never mind come and ramble away on here...oh, I see you already did
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Try TB II. Thats even stranger, but in a very good way.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Listening to TB at the moment. Grand piano ...
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Oldfield got shafted by the bearded one on that record deal. Branson made Virgin off the back of that album.

Comment

I love Mike Oldfield and I love TB I & II

But my favourite is Ommadawn. I don't really listen to it in the summer. It's an album that needs wind and cold and kicking dry leaves on the ground and flurries of snow and scarves and...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Ommadawn gets my vote too, and I somehow missed TB II.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I was most disappointed when the cd of Hergest Ridge ( I think) was released without the drunken sea shanties....

...'and it's all made up of little pieces of broken eggshell....' (misquoted).

Comment

aah the concept2 - used to use one of those years ago - I must make some space somewhere to put one in again....
                  This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Oldfield got shafted by the bearded one on that record deal. Branson made Virgin off the back of that album.
                    Sure you don't mean "The Sex Pistols - Never Mind the Bollocks"

Comment

Working...
                    X