• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

suggestions on a postcard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suggestions on a postcard

It will be MrN and I's anniversary on the 26th.

Looking to go away somewhere for a night/weekend, very good food/wine, luxury hotel type thing.

Any suggestions?
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Looking to go away somewhere for a night/weekend, very good food/wine, luxury hotel type thing.

Any suggestions?
    If they have any room I can heartily recommend this place.

Winder Hall

Great place, great food and a great location. It's not the full 5 star luxury waited on hand and foot experience, but an extremely good family run small hotel. The sort of place where you can talk to the owners about what's on the menu that night, where it came from or even if they raised it themselves. Or come in after a days walking, stick your head round the kitchen door to ask for a pot of tea and get a full tray of tea and the best home made cakes you've ever had.
    Last edited by DaveB; 13 September 2009, 19:08.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

ta! Looks lovely

Looking for summat a tad more 5 star luxury
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

ta! Looks lovely

Looking for summat a tad more 5 star luxury
        The AA maintain a separate list of the best hotels in their class. You could have a look at that for inspiration.
        http://www.theaa.com/travel/hotelgroupsearch.do?redstar

I personally like this place
        http://www.theaa.com/hotels/st-savio...ternal_id=3573

It might not be practical to get to though and some people think that the Channel Islands are dull. I agree with them to an extent however you get to eat very well there which makes it worthwhile for me.

Comment

Any suggestions?
          No specific recommendations I'm afraid but the below bookmarks should, hopefully, help:

Chic Retreats

Exclusive Hotels

Mr & Mrs Smith

Small Luxury Hotels

VIP Hotels

Comment

I like it here...

http://www.waterside-inn.co.uk/Index.aspx?Id=3
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Went here a few weeks back for a night http://www.monachylemhor.com/ with Mrs scooter

I like my food and I can tell you you'll not find many places like this in the country, trip advisor will back my up on this one but it might be more than you want to spend.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I can recommend this place:

http://www.wego.com/hotels/united-ki...intlesham-hall

The food is superb, the grounds etc are amazing and it is a very fine place to go.

It has a dress code for dinner so he must wear a jacket. 5 star luxury...
                "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

The owner of this place might be taking in guests soon.

Her husband maybe doing time in the near future.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Take a sea-view suite at the Grand, Brighton. And you get the bonus of a town with great pubs, restaurants and shopping.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X