• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So what we gonna do then?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what we gonna do then?

Another bunch of doom-mongering over on Business - RBS with the Govt's help are actively ending contracting forthwith.

So what are we going to do now?

- Fight an unwinnable war (2 of those going on currently - enough I think)?
    - Start a consultancy and farm the donkey work out to India?
    - Go permie, although that doesn't make you any safer long-term?
    - Try to get out of IT, realise that there's nothing else you can do and so wind up long-term unemployed?
    - Don't listen to them - 2 years time it will be Boomsville all over again?

Should be a poll but can't be arsed.

We could use our collective talents and skills and come up with a money-making idea. For instance ....

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/a...-tax-scam.html
    The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

I have contacts in Inja. I think I will see if he can get an outsourcing business off the ground if I do the leg work winning the contracts.
      Now where the **** do I start with that one?
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
        I have contacts in Inja. I think I will see if he can get an outsourcing business off the ground if I do the leg work winning the contracts.
        WHS

Comment

Got an enquiry about relocating to APAC today. Looks like that's where you've got to go. Quite appealing really.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Got an enquiry about relocating to APAC today. Looks like that's where you've got to go. Quite appealing really.
            Apac

Apac is a town in Apac District, northern Uganda. It is the 'chief town' of the district and the district headquarters are located there. The district is named after the town.

The landmarks in the town or near the town limits include:

The headquarters of Apac District Administration
            • Apac Hospital - A 120 bed public hospital, administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
            • A branch of Stanbic Bank
            • The studios of Radio Apac - A community radio station
            • Travellers Inn - A private motel in the center of town
            • Alenga Primary School - A public elementary school on the outskirts of town
            Go for it.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
              That's sort of what I do, on a smallish scale. Finding contracts is where I'm at right now.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
              X