• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So at the airport this morning...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So at the airport this morning...

... going through security before me was mother and baby not 3 or 4 months old I'd say. She was told she'd have to give up her breast milk, which she had in this bottle - she was not having it.

So she opened the bottle a downed it there before me. The look on the security gals face was fantastic, almost like the invisible man had just performed the heimlich manoeuvre

I just don't need this first thing on a Monday morning.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 14 September 2009, 12:04.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    ... going through security before me was mother and baby not 3 or 4 months old I'd say. She was told she'd have to give up her her breast milk, which she had in this bottle - she was not having it.

So she opened the bottle a downed it there before me. The look on the security gals face was fantastic, almost like the invisible man had just performed the heimlich manoeuvre

I just don't this first thing on a Monday morning.

All because some religious savages wanted to commit mass murder...FFS!!!

"If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

We flew back at the weekend an a 200ml capri sun was allowed through...

maybe some airports are stricter than others

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
        All because some religious savages wanted to commit mass murder...FFS!!!

Indeed - the terrorists are winning, aided by twats in government and total twats at airport security who change the rules every five minutes for no reason

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post

maybe some airports are stricter than others
          Agree. Today was the full bunna. Shoes, belt, me mac, toiletries, jacket and the buzzer still went off cause of headphones in my pocket.

Full body search ensued (must have been that unshaven look that singled me out I thought) but the part that really had me super flying TNT was standing there with my not 2 hour old freshly ironed shirt being ruffled over to the n'th degree by this security guard with dragon breath.

I very nearly spontaneously exploded on the spot.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I though baby milk was permitted, but would have to be verified by drinking a bit.

I like to make sure I've plenty of water on a long journey, so with the 100ml restriction, I thought I'd get a water melon. Imagine my surprise when they wouldn't let me take the kitchen knife on-board.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I got a tin of soup taken off me once.

"It was once a liquid sir"

Comment

I went on a lads trip to Berlin where one of my mates tried to get through security with a bottle of pop he'd bought from Aldi, it looked like red diesel and was called 'Explosade'.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

On the same trip another mate was asked if he had packed anything sharp to which he replied "a lemon" ...didn't even raise a smile.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

It is mostly for show anyway which is why it is so annoying.
                    Terrorist A carries 200ml of explosive component A, terrorist B carries..... well you get the picture.
                    Is a suicide bomber likely to have a problem drinking something that will kill them?
                    You can buy flamable materials and knives airside.
                    A champoo bottle makes an effective club.
                    Broken bottles from duty free make good enough weapons too.

A few months ago I was surprised to find the 8" screwdriver I had been using at the weekend in the pocket of my overcoat after arriving in Germany. Manc airport scanners completely missed it.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X