• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

bicycle tax disc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bicycle tax disc

Every little bit helps.

I'm nearly suing the council for disappearing down a pot hole whilst out on a walk at the weekend. I suppose it will not be long before I'm wearing a tax disc on my jacket.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

All bicycles should have number plates. And need a cycling license.

I feel sorry for them with their car issues. But there is a minority of lycra lous who treat the pavement like they own it and give cyclists a bad name.

These lycra louts need sorting out. Except threaded of course.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Every little bit helps.

I'm nearly suing the council for disappearing down a pot hole whilst out on a walk at the weekend. I suppose it will not be long before I'm wearing a tax disc on my jacket.
      Barcode on your forehead.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I'm sure a pedestrian tax is somewhere on the New Labour agenda.

PC Plod: "are those shoes taxed and insured Sir?"

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
          I'm sure a pedestrian tax is somewhere on the New Labour agenda.

PC Plod: "are those shoes taxed and insured Sir?"
          And may I see your license for using them?

Comment

I had a 'funny' bike incident on Saturday. I must have had my jaw slightly open or something, coming down a hill reasonably fast when I hit a roadside crater while I was looking to the side and not noticing it. Apart from the usual almost being thrown up off my bike malarkey, my lower jaw snapped up so hard into my upper that for a second I thought I might have cracked a few teeth, especially the front ones. Fortunately all seem to be doing well. I must remember to try to keep my mouth closed though.

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
              And may I see your license for using them?
              And then you'd be busted for only having a Provisional Shoe Licence whilst walking unaccompanied.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Shirley it would be cheaper & easier to increase VAT on bikes rather than adding a massive infrastructure to maintain a list of registered bikes.

Yet another case of joined up thinking from government
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  All bicycles should have number plates. And need a cycling license.
                  Absolutely, there's no problem in the world that can't be solved by more government databases and red-tape.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I must admit I do sometimes marvel at the freedom you have with bikes.

Comment

Working...
                    X