• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Locked Out!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locked Out!

So...after a recent ***k up by the client of a client (yes, one of those) I thought I would open up the following scenario to comment from fellow CUKers!

You have been booked to carry out some work on site in the small hours. When you were booked & also the day before you were assured that you would have access to the building & you already have an access card. You arrive at said building at 5am sharp to find the building locked down & no access, you cant contact anybody to let you in & you end up having to go back to base again.

To invoice, or not to invoice, that is the question??

Document, invoice. You spent time getting to said piss-up at the brewery, you were assured all would be well, so you really should charge them.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Too right charge them.

tripple time out of hours rate, billed in minimum half day increments, plus time wasting fee
      Still Invoicing

Comment

No debate, bill for it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheVoice View Post
          To invoice, or not to invoice, that is the question??
          You invoice. I am surprised that you needed to ask.

Don't forget to put in an expense claim for the travel too.

Make sure that you send an email as soon as possible to whoever needs to know to record that you attended but were unable to access the site.

Comment

Bill from 5am until you leave (preferably at lunch time), and include the early-morning bacon sarnie . I assume other tradesmen would not drop callout charges just because their customer can't be bothered to be there?

Also, kick up a big fuss.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Thanks folks

I'm glad I'm not getting grumpy in my old age - I thought I should invoice too, but as the pimps are squealing so much & refusing to pay (even though client signed timesheet with "No Access - Full fee payable" on it!) I just wanted to check I wasn't being an unreasonable old git in the eyes of the majority

Now...where's the court papers....?

Comment

FFS - bill it.

Screw the client or screw yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by TheVoice View Post
                  Thanks folks

I'm glad I'm not getting grumpy in my old age - I thought I should invoice too, but as the pimps are squealing so much & refusing to pay (even though client signed timesheet with "No Access - Full fee payable" on it!) I just wanted to check I wasn't being an unreasonable old git in the eyes of the majority

Now...where's the court papers....?
                  Yay - time to start suing pimps. Excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                    Yay - time to start suing pimps. Excellent.
                    <beer, popcorn, comfy seat>
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X