• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Matched Betting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matched Betting

I heard about this from a permie I was working with 12 months ago, just laughed it off, now that I've been on the bench for 6 weeks I had a go, started at the beginning of September and I've made £38.62 in two weeks. Jesus what ever was I doing pimping myself out for contracts. Here I am looking for bets/lays at home in my underpance making money!!

Seriously some of these pro's who do this make 1000s a month, anyone else do this stuff as a contractor or ex-contractor?

Originally posted by bodnobal View Post
    I heard about this from a permie I was working with 12 months ago, just laughed it off, now that I've been on the bench for 6 weeks I had a go, started at the beginning of September and I've made £38.62 in two weeks. Jesus what ever was I doing pimping myself out for contracts. Here I am looking for bets/lays at home in my underpance making money!!

Seriously some of these pro's who do this make 1000s a month, anyone else do this stuff as a contractor or ex-contractor?
    (Despite the levity) Yep I've done it and made a couple of grand. The pros won't be doing matched betting but looking for arbs. Dangerous.
    We had a thread on this a couple of weeks ago.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Sorry Zippy should have done a search, just bored on the bench I suppose, looking for some easy money.

And I've just done that search and see that I started that thread.

**** me I need to give up the beer quick, I can't even remember what I posted a week ago.
      Last edited by bodnobal; 15 September 2009, 01:15.

Comment

Originally posted by bodnobal View Post
        Sorry Zippy should have done a search, just bored on the bench I suppose, looking for some easy money.
        No probs. There is money there and you should grab it. moneysavingexpert.com do a forum for matched betters and offer advice on signing up through affiliate sites for cashback etc. There are guys on there that clear a couple of grand a month. You can also get a handy spreadsheet to help with your bets.
        You can make a lot more than I did, but I just did the 'easy' bookies. Started with Coral, got some money via affiliate to sign up with Betfair etc. Also look out for offers to entice you back to a bookie - made a few quid out of them too . Check MSE.com for offers etc.

Until you get more experienced, I'd advise sticking to something simple like football (the rules tend to be the same for bookie and betting exchange). When you are more experienced have a go at the B365 horse racing offer (if it's still running)
        Good luck to you - if they are giving it away you might as well have it.

PS - avoid 'foreign' bookies in the first instance.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Thanks for the advice Zippy, being sat on your arse on the Bench, you get to know internet characters on other forums like Donglemouse, who is £50K+ up doing this stuff.

I've read Donglemouse's diary on MSN which actually is worth putting into print if the guy is smart enough, also he posts on rpoints and there are some real serious arbers in that forum who think nothing of back/laying £3000 to make a tenner.

Madness.

Comment

Anyone fancy trying to explain how this arbitrage business works?

Comment

Originally posted by cybersquatter View Post
              Anyone fancy trying to explain how this arbitrage business works?
              How've you managed to be a member for 2 years and only make 11 posts?
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                  How've you managed to be a member for 2 years and only make 11 posts?
                  I like to keep my counsel except for the most important of issues.

Comment

Working...
                  X