• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Single Travel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Travel

Morning All,

Have done a fair bit of travel and am looking to do more. Partner is very low on holiday (permie). I was wondering if any of you have experience of some of these companies offering solo group travel and any experiences they wish to share.

If you are solo then wing it.
    Go independant.
    You will have much more fun.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by weemster View Post
      Morning All,

Have done a fair bit of travel and am looking to do more. Partner is very low on holiday (permie). I was wondering if any of you have experience of some of these companies offering solo group travel and any experiences they wish to share.

I looked at a few of them, and some sound really good, let us know if you try them, I am also thinking of taking one of those organized solo holidays this year.

Comment

Why would you want to go on holiday without your partner? Where's the fun in exploring new places without someone to share it with?
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Not sure who above said it, but there's a lot more fun to be had from winging it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
            Why would you want to go on holiday without your partner? Where's the fun in exploring new places without someone to share it with?

"No you can't have a beer with your lunch"
            "Are you looking at those women in the pool?"
            "I'm going to bed now and you can't go to the hotel bar for a couple of drinks"
            "Have you been using the minibar?"
            "We are getting up at 7 tomorrow to go shopping"
            "I think we should have a nice quiet meal and go for an early night"

Yadda yadda

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Yadda yadda
              Well that's one good part then.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Yadda yadda
                thats just YOUR relationship, soupy
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

gf chef: "let's stop for a drink"
                  <yippee thinks chef>
                  gf chef: "shall we share half a kolsch?" (a 30cl beer)
                  chef: "errr I wsa thinking of 2 or 3 kolsch each, even that's less than 2 pints"
                  gf chef: "exactly, you cant have 2 pints after walking 10km, it undoes all that hard work
                  chef:

gf chef: "fancy going on a tour of the vineyards and local villages? it's sunday we can go for a walk then end up a nice monastry converted into a restaurant"
                  chef: <chef hears ... vineyards... restaurant ? > "definitely"
                  .. 2hrs walking later
                  gf chef: "you shouldn't really drink more than 10cl of wine at each stop"
                  chef: "that's not even a mouthful"
                  .. there were 3 stops.. 2hrs more walking later
                  gf chef: "you can't order a whole bottle of wine for 2 people at lunchtime"
                  chef: "but, it's sunday lunch"

gf chef thinks all british have alcohol problems.. an issue we're resolving, VERY slowly

if you want to go travelling alone then go alone, you always meet people en route, always and if you dont get on with them you can go your own route whenever you want. Ina singles tour you'll simply be young'ish people following a flag waving tour guide herded like americans from sight to sight

go alone not in a tour group
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                    thats just YOUR relationship, soupy
                    She is going away with her friends for 2 weeks in November, I am going away on my own to Bali then a tour of Asia next year. We might do a long weekend together at some point.

Comment

Working...
                    X