• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Film reccomendations...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Film reccomendations...

To escape my awful overpriced 'hotel' I'm considering a trip to the cinema this evening.

Any recommendations?
    (I'm not interested in anything with the words 'heart-warming' or 'Jenifer Aniston' on the poster)
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Inglorious Basterds is quite good.
    Heard District 9 is pretty good as well….

Comment

i have watched these and can recommend them

The Hurt Locker
      Dorian Gray
      whiteout

Comment

Saw District 9 last week. Disintegrates a bit towards the end, but it's brilliantly made and works at several levels. Way better than most recent Sci-Fi stuff.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

"Shaving Ryan's Privates" and "Glad He Ate Her" are on at the Seedy Odean in Wandsworth.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
            "Shaving Ryan's Privates" and "Glad He Ate Her" are on at the Seedy Odean in Wandsworth.
            But you missed those and went to see "Adventures of tub girl 3" instead
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              To escape my awful overpriced 'hotel' I'm considering a trip to the cinema this evening.

Any recommendations?
              (I'm not interested in anything with the words 'heart-warming' or 'Jenifer Aniston' on the poster)
              Not (500) Days of Summer.

Went with a female friend (not that way) on Saturday evening and it was a suitably depressing experience.

Comment

Do you like films about gladiators?
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Dorian Grey gets poor reviews.

District 9 - well, it was OK, but not brilliant

Hurt Locker - not seen but hear highly recommended

Inglorious - ditto

Adventureland - I loved it! Great movie! My GF was less enthusiastic but also enjoyed it.

Check out imdb.com

If you're in London, why not see if "Moon" is still showing somewhere - then let me know how it was! I thought it sounded pretty good.

EDIT: Moon is still showing

Comment

Working...
                  X