• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oktoberfest Tent Recommendations ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oktoberfest Tent Recommendations ...

Anyone got any advice on beer tents?

Going there weekend after next, group of 8 or so. Heard we need to book - loads of tents, got NFI which one to pick.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Anyone got any advice on beer tents?

Going there weekend after next, group of 8 or so. Heard we need to book - loads of tents, got NFI which one to pick.
    Never been to the fest (well not since I was a nipper) but they were all much of a muchness at the World Cup.

End up here though... http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel..._Ost-BR-1.html
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      Never been to the fest (well not since I was a nipper) but they were all much of a muchness at the World Cup.

End up here though... http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel..._Ost-BR-1.html
      Nice tip.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
        Nice tip.
        It's changed it's name - http://www.kultfabrik.de/
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

The tents tend to be well booked up in advance and normally the only way you'll et in is to wait outside for someone to leave and you can take their place. Personally I think its a BoS, the Canstatter Wasen tends to be better
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Went in 1993 and we never had to book?? Maybe times have changed, but there was certainly plenty of space available at the time we got there, which was admittedly around lunchtime. It does get mental later in the evening, but we were always well settled in and it's all well Gemütlichkeit by then anyway.

The Spätenbrau tent was my favourite I seem to recall. Oktoberfest may be a massive tourist draw, but it's still a fantastic experience. Also, there is loads to go and visit in the area if you want a day off. Most of it still involves beer, of course, but perhaps with a little scenery and exercise thrown in.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
              Went in 1993 and we never had to book?? Maybe times have changed, but there was certainly plenty of space available at the time we got there, which was admittedly around lunchtime. It does get mental later in the evening, but we were always well settled in and it's all well Gemütlichkeit by then anyway.

The Spätenbrau tent was my favourite I seem to recall. Oktoberfest may be a massive tourist draw, but it's still a fantastic experience. Also, there is loads to go and visit in the area if you want a day off. Most of it still involves beer, of course, but perhaps with a little scenery and exercise thrown in.
              spending time with ladies of ill repute

Comment

You don't have to book if you get there early and grab a table. You won't get served if you are not seated at a table and if you get there past lunch time, you will never get a table!!!

HTH
                "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
                  You don't have to book if you get there early and grab a table. You won't get served if you are not seated at a table and if you get there past lunch time, you will never get a table!!!

HTH
                  Therein lies the problem.

8 lads, all married, all on a weekend away. I'm sure we'll maybe make it in before lunchtime on the 1st day - however I seriously doubt it'll be that easy afterwards...

Comment

http://www.oktoberfest.de/en/navitem/Tents/

You may be too late to book.
                    However.
                    This is all time of day/day of week dependant.

The only tent where you can get a drink without sitting at a table is in the Hofbrau Tent (HB). There is a stand up area called the pig pen.
                    This is possibly the liveliest tent. It is also the tent full of tourists and most non Germans. It is a zoo, it is the only tent I have seen a fight in and it is also one of my favourites.

I do not like Spaten bier so do not bother with their tents, but their biggest one is the host of the party so a lot goes on there. I would generally suggest the bigger ones are easiest to get seats in anyway.
                    That is the Schottenhamel.

I like the Ambrustchutz or the other Paulaner tent (I like Paulaner) either of the Lowenbrau ones are good. I like the atmosphere in the smaller one near the statue of bavaria.

If you cant get in a bier tent then find the Kafer tent. Go in throught the boardwalk gate and go right round the building towards the toilets. There are some stand up tables round their that most tourists and a number of locals dont know about.

Do not get in the way of the waitresses.

Good luck.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X