• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Decent hotel in Edinburgh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent hotel in Edinburgh

Anyone worked there? Looking for:

- Very close reach of the main station, like a 5min walk
    - Pool
    - Not a cess-pit, but not luxury... clean & quiet, decent breakfast, etc
    - Not (too) extortionate... I won't be paying but don't want to take the pee
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

That'll be the Balmoral hotel then.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      That'll be the Balmoral hotel then.
      Perhaps a tad opulent & pricey... even a couple of weeks ahead it's ~£200/night.

Comment

The George is pretty popular, although I've never stayed there myself. Dunno if it has a pool. The Scotsman and Jury's Inn are also nearby. Scotsman = awesome & expensive.

Comment

Scotsman does look very nice, but as you say, expensive. I feel I should be able to get a decent room for £100/night or less especially if I am likely to be there a few weeks (short-term contract, expenses paid).

Comment

OK, if it were me I stay at the Sheraton, it's more than a five minute walk from Waverley but you'll have access to one of the best spas in town - of which I'm a member and i can tell you its great place to chill out. I think it's the only pool in town that has views of the castle. Float on your back until 10pm gazing at the castle all lit up.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Ah Edinburgh! Used to have great massage parlours. For the aching back I mean of course.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Had a couple of massages last month, nothing like a young female's oily hands , cough, nothing beats loosing up the muscles - not bad for £80 a go...

Comment

Sheraton doesn't look bad, I also came across some managed apartments - Royal Garden Apartments - which look quite cool. No pool but perhaps an actual apartment makes up for that.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Sheraton doesn't look bad, I also came across some managed apartments - Royal Garden Apartments - which look quite cool. No pool but perhaps an actual apartment makes up for that.
                    The RGA are right on queen street, one of the main roads through town at the moment with princess street closed off cause of the tram works, you'll never get any sleep unless your a log in bed.

There are loads to choose from in town right enough might be more comfortable than a hotel every night. Prb the best option for a short gig actually. Might be worth a look on trip advisor or visitscotland

Comment

Working...
                    X