• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

H5n1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H5n1

The symptoms of bird flu in humans are similar to those of regular influenza and include:
    • Fever
    • Sore throat
    • Cough
    • Headache
    • Aching muscles.
    Damn, 3 of them hit me in a meeting this afternoon and starting to feel a 4ht symptom. Hopefully the jalepenos I had with dinner will burn them out. Why isn't a case of the trots there as well as I always get them with the flu or a bad cold?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Well I don't think its any bird or pig flu as starting to feel better now the weekend is coming.

Tuesday: starting with coughing at work but got to the hotel and started feeling rather rough with the coughing making my chest hurt. Had the squits only once. Went to bed but if I lay on either side got really bad cases of bile coming up. Found some Rennies in my luggage but didn't really work. Laying on my back caused me to fart a lot and they really stank, suspect a case of man flu due to this. Got to sleep about 5:00 and the alarm went off at 6:30.

Wednesday: got up, had a shower and felt better. Went into work and was going okay until the afternoon when the belly started to grumble so went to toilet. Unable to do anything except impersonate the Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band for approx. 20 seconds, hopefully no-one in the offices opposite heard (probably the whole building did). Started feeling a bit rough so left at 18:00 and went back to the hotel. Nose now doing a good impersonation of Niagara Falls. Still unable to poo. Constant sneezing and the hotel room is covered in snot. Went to bed and could only lie on back sneezing as lying on side caused the pillow to soak up snot making it all wet. Managed to get more sleep.

Thursday: got up, everything aching but no coughing and not so much sneezing or runny nose (don't look like I've got green crayons stuck up my nostrils anymore.) Check out of hotel and go to work. Feel like tulip and cannot concentrate so bugger off at 13:00. Takes 3 hours to drive home due to car lurching across autobahn everytime I sneeze. Get home and shoe missus the Man Flu website to expalin how I should be treated. Managed to crap, eventually. Got to bed and have a good nights sleep.

Friday: feeling better but all bunged up and still slightly aching. Much better. Will stay in this evening in case of relapse
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Get home and shoe missus ...

I don't think you can dismiss it as non-bird flu, most people probably don't get severe symptoms.

Heard a good anecdote on how to self-diagnose bird flu: If you see a tenner in the street and pick it up, you don't have bird flu.

Comment

Sorry to learn of you illness - True Health being Wealth I wish you a speedy recovery.

Tip - if you have any excess sind/gas - ask the Chemist for Charcoal Tablets - this ia a completly naturaly rememdy to neutralise an acidid stomach - it works realy well for me.

Comment

Working...
        X