• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Figures of hate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Figures of hate

One of my co-workers on my current contract is one of the very few people I can say I actually hate.
    Loud, abrasive, rude, revels in being as "working class" as possible and generally a complete pain in the arse.
    Whats reallly annoying though is that everyone else on the project seems to like the f***er.

Given that he is also a contractor, what's the best way of getting him re-aquainted with the bench?
    Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    One of my co-workers on my current contract is one of the very few people I can say I actually hate.
    Loud, abrasive, rude, revels in being as "working class" as possible and generally a complete pain in the arse.Whats reallly annoying though is that everyone else on the project seems to like the f***er.

Given that he is also a contractor, what's the best way of getting him re-aquainted with the bench?
    I thought you were talking about me then.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Thought this was going to be an opportunity to say Harriet Harman

Comment

They probably don't really like him - but with some people, you realise you can either be a (phoney) friend or an enemy (no inbetween). Most other people will inevitable decide it's preferable to be "in" rather than "out" especially as their colleagues have chosen to be "in" (no one wants to be a social leper).

As a result, some total tw@ts end up with a large circle of "friends", none of whom actually like the bloke, but who are afraid of being outside the inner circle.

SC, don't get sucked in, stick to your principles, and start playing the long game, exposing this kn0b for the kb0b he really is. There were some excellent "revenge" tips on here a week or so ago, from RC.

Alternatively, start by organising a piss-up at your place, loads of free booze etc, and don't invite this one person. All his hangers-on will son be your hangers on !

Comment

So because you don't like him, you want to see him kicked to the bench?

Would you be happy with him doing the same to you?

There are lots of people I don't like, but seeing them out of a job etc is a different matter.....
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
            So because you don't like him, you want to see him kicked to the bench?

Would you be happy with him doing the same to you?

There are lots of people I don't like, but seeing them out of a job etc is a different matter.....
            Trust me, i've worked with a lot of people.
            Some I dislike, some I find difficult to work with, some I find awkward to connect with, some I just find annoying. But with these people I can find a middle ground, avoid any areas of conflict and get on with.
            It takes a very special person to make it on to my hate list.
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

I think you need to read this book..
              "Dealing with the employee from HELL" by Shaun Belding costs £9.

Need not buy it, plenty will be available in your local library...
              Small book provides many ways to deal with difficult people, you could try out different methods....

Surely you will find a way to deal with him may be with out even troubling him..!!

Comment

Spacecadet:

Where do you work?

Government or Private sector?

Is this person good at his/her job?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Dodd View Post
                  Spacecadet:

Where do you work?

Government or Private sector?

Is this person good at his/her job?
                  Private

Good enough and knowledgeable in a niche area (although it would take about 2 weeks to learn the niche skills he has)
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    Whats reallly annoying though is that everyone else on the project seems to like the f***er.
                    So the problem is really with you then?
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X