• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Green Grants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green Grants

A potential client has aked me whether it's possible to get any sort of grant for consolidating his servers onto one f-off machine. I guess it would go some way to reducing his carbon footprint so I thought I'd look into it.

I'm not really having much joy though, there doesn't seem to be any coordinated national scheme, it all seems to be at a local level & there doesn't seem to be much going on where I live. I'm guessing that the fact that there are websites out there with premium rate numbers offering assistance reflects how hard it is to get this information. Anyone know any decent source of information on this? TIA.

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    A potential client has aked me whether it's possible to get any sort of grant for consolidating his servers onto one f-off machine. I guess it would go some way to reducing his carbon footprint so I thought I'd look into it.

I'm not really having much joy though, there doesn't seem to be any coordinated national scheme, it all seems to be at a local level & there doesn't seem to be much going on where I live. I'm guessing that the fact that there are websites out there with premium rate numbers offering assistance reflects how hard it is to get this information. Anyone know any decent source of information on this? TIA.
    Tried phoning chamber of commerce ? They should be able to advise...

Comment

Your customer gets his "free money" as a result of a reduced TCO. He should see payback within 2-5 years. Some customers get payback even sooner depending on the workload they're running (you can save loads in licensing by moving oracle workloads from older slower machines to the latest fastest models).

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        Your customer gets his "free money" as a result of a reduced TCO. He should see payback within 2-5 years. Some customers get payback even sooner depending on the workload they're running (you can save loads in licensing by moving oracle workloads from older slower machines to the latest fastest models).
        That's true, but an upfront financial sweetener in the form of a grant would probably swing it (for me). I am being entirely selfish here

Comment

How about an interest free loan?

Comment

Working...
          X