• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Due to hit the Bench!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Due to hit the Bench!!

Hi,

I am due to hit the bench in just a little under 2 weeks...which is not so daunting! Well it never used to be anyway. The reason I am a little concerned now is that after 3 years on 1 contract the phone has now stopped ringing with regards to other engagements. Just looking thru vacancies now even lower grade jobs that I apply for result in not even a phone call to waste time.

Is there still loads of us said contractors still out there on the bench?

It is the same for the majority of us. In answer yes to all accounts!

Comment

damn!

Comment

Can I correct your grammar, sir.

You sit on the bench and then hit the bottle, not the other way around.

Comment

Things are just starting to pick up in my field at the mo (.NET Dev). I would welcome a 12 Month stint on the bench (been v.carefull with the pennies) and the current gig is full of tards.

Comment

it all depends on which are of IT you are in

Some are doing well currently

Comment

Originally posted by mace View Post
              Can I correct your grammar, sir.

You sit on the bench and then hit the bottle, not the other way around.
              you may indeed! Although it is a term used in the sports world

Comment

Working...
              X