• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Listing Past Clients on Website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listing Past Clients on Website

Is it customary to get the approval of the ex-client before doing this? I've tried talking to my last client co. but am getting stonewalled by HR. So long as there are no legal issues I guess it's ok. I just wanted to detail a couple of real world case studies to illustrate the kind of stuff I've being doing.

So long as you're not citing them as references, why should they have any say? They don't need to approve your CV.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      So long as you're not citing them as references, why should they have any say? They don't need to approve your CV.
      You need to be careful you're not breaching any confidentiality agreements you might have signed. Other than that, put what you like on your CV/website....
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I wouldn't explicitly use their name but would put something like, if it was Ford for example: Major American motor manufacturer

Comment

I've got all my past clients named on my co's website.

Its free advertising for them and its a fact my co has supplied a service to them.

Someone must be having a giraffe thinking you may have breached any confidentiality agreement. Besides, there no such condition in any of my previous contracts.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Me too - I've got a selection of client logos and names on website with a description of the work done.

Comment

I've got most of the big ones on my website. If they don't give permission, then strictly speaking they could come after you if you have used their logo without permission.

That said, I've never asked, and use logos - I'm more than happy to remove them if anyone asks.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                I've got all my past clients named on my co's website.

Its free advertising for them and its a fact my co has supplied a service to them.

Someone must be having a giraffe thinking you may have breached any confidentiality agreement. Besides, there no such condition in any of my previous contracts.
                same here

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  Besides, there no such condition in any of my previous contracts.
                  But its worth checking the contracts anyway, if through an agent they may have slipped something in, unlikely I suppose but is possible, also I am contracted through a company who uses me to work with their own clients, I had to negotiate the confidentiality clause so that I could at least tell people which of their clients I worked with, otherwise my CV would be lacking in gravitas.
                  This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Best to ask permission

Or if not, don't tell the former client what you're doing. I did once, and got a stroppy email about using their logo.

Comment

Working...
                    X