• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Printing money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing money

I've been thinking about this for a while now and after weighing up all the cons and cons have come to the conclusion that it's a short-sighted strategy that can only result in tears, despite what all the economics experts are paid to say. But I have a solution that could work, and it is quite simples:

We print Dollars instead.

This way we have all the benefit of more money, with which we can pay off our loans, but don't suffer the downside of inflation. Surely the Royal Mint has the wherewithal to be able to print Dollars instead of Pounds, and good quality ones too?

Think again

Comment

Why leave such a vital activity in the hands of the state ?
      Its time we privatised the Mint - give every citizen the right to print money and we shall all be the happier for it.

Comment

Zimbabwe have abandoned their own (worthless) currency and now everyone uses US dollars.

So it might happen here too.

Comment

It is the amazing insight and intelligence such as demonstrated on this thread that keeps me coming to CUK
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Genious. The guy turning the handle on the money printing machine doesn't even need extra training.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Genious. The guy turning the handle on the money printing machine doesn't even need extra training.
              a handle !! surely there's a big red "Print Money - Go" button ?
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                The North Koreans have been doing that for a while, or so I understand.
                Quite true. And apparently the way to spot them is they're ever so slightly better made. I kid you not.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  I've been thinking about this for a while now and after weighing up all the cons and cons have come to the conclusion that it's a short-sighted strategy that can only result in tears, despite what all the economics experts are paid to say. But I have a solution that could work, and it is quite simples:

We print Dollars instead.

This way we have all the benefit of more money, with which we can pay off our loans, but don't suffer the downside of inflation. Surely the Royal Mint has the wherewithal to be able to print Dollars instead of Pounds, and good quality ones too?
                  Might be more fun to join the Euro system and start printing more Euros than we're supposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                    a handle !! surely there's a big red "Print Money - Go" button ?
                    I picture it more like a mangle.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X