• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What you sow so shall you reap.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What you sow so shall you reap.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8259153.stm

Globalisations rears its ugly head again.

I have a bad feeling about globalisation but this example fits with my mantra. 3rd world goods at 3rd world prices. Yet I still think it will (eventualy) be a bad thing for Poland.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

The Chinese have a plan to take over the world. They undercut everyone's industry, but keep lending money out so we can import their goods. Then, when we have no more industry, skills or ways of making money left, they pull the plug and take over!!
    Fiendishly clever folk - Remember you heard it here first!
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

"Of course they can bring Chinese workers with them to help with the construction," says Andrzej Maciejewski of the Polish Roads Agency (GDDKIA) that awarded the contract.

But "first of all, they will hire the workers from our market," he adds.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I am not so bothered with a few Chinese contracts because there is two-way trade China. China purchases many quality products from Europe. Chinese workers are renowned for working hard on construction projects even in the 1800s in the USA.

http://cprr.org/Museum/Chinese.html

PS. Can we get the Chinese to outsource the City Council so we don’t have to pay those fat cat pensions to them.
        Last edited by Paddy; 17 September 2009, 07:33.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
          Fiendishly clever folk - Remember you heard it here for the 1000th time!
          FTFY
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
            http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8259153.stm

3rd world goods at 3rd world prices.
            You seem to think the "3rd world", an archaic term that was coined decades ago, is still valid.
            Wrong. The UK is rapidly sliding into, let's call it "2nd World" status, parts of the 3rd world are now really 2nd world - and some ex-3rd world countries (Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, parts of China) are now truly 1st world.

The only genuine "3rd world" in the old sense is really in Africa.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              The UK is rapidly sliding into, let's call it "2nd World" status,
              I know Labour have been in power for quite some time, but we're nowhere near communism yet...
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                You seem to think the "3rd world", an archaic term that was coined decades ago, is still valid.
                Wrong. The UK is rapidly sliding into, let's call it "2nd World" status, parts of the 3rd world are now really 2nd world - and some ex-3rd world countries (Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, parts of China) are now truly 1st world.

The only genuine "3rd world" in the old sense is really in Africa.
                Well done guru. You managed to make a point.
                Shame you so completely misunderstand the meaning of my mantra which makes your point meaningless, but well done all the same.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  I know Labour have been in power for quite some time, but we're nowhere near communism yet...
                  Ah I was using "2nd world" as a description of economic and social status.
                  Not many people know this but in the 70s Britain and East Germany had roughly the same living standards*. We're rapidly approaching that point again, so even in the trad sense I'm not far off.

* And please don't argue that their economic system was unsustainable
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                    Well done guru. You managed to make a point.
                    Shame you so completely misunderstand the meaning of my mantra which makes your point meaningless, but well done all the same.
                    I see you have a mantra as opposed to an argument.
                    Says it all really.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X