• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feckin' EasyJet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feckin' EasyJet

I was just on their website to book my flights for october when I noticed that they have moved their Friday flight from 16:45 to 10:20. This means that I cannot use them to fly home as I'd have to write off the whole of Friday. The only place I can fly into in the North West on a Friday afternoon/evening is Liverpool, but I'd have to drive from here as my wife would not be able to pick me up - meaning I'd have to leave from there also. On the plus side they do an early morning flight to Geneva from Liverpool meaning 20% less hotel bills and 50% more sleeping in my own bed time.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Waiting for mandatory "use a proper airline" jibe...
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

where is here?

shirley -20% and +50% = hurrah!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        This is a contractors forum so it's not a jibe
        He should be flying BA from his closest airport, or if he's feeling a bit flash then chartering a private flight
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

I think the gist of his previous posts is that this contract is not very profitable.

Full service air fares might be a bit too much to ask.

Comment

They are annoying to fly with, so I don't. BA First Class is usually good, but still easyJet are one of the best companies I ever worked for ...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              I was just on their website to book my flights for october when I noticed that they have moved their Friday flight from 16:45 to 10:20. This means that I cannot use them to fly home as I'd have to write off the whole of Friday. The only place I can fly into in the North West on a Friday afternoon/evening is Liverpool, but I'd have to drive from here as my wife would not be able to pick me up - meaning I'd have to leave from there also. On the plus side they do an early morning flight to Geneva from Liverpool meaning 20% less hotel bills and 50% more sleeping in my own bed time.
              Mate of mine found that a taxi from home to Manchester on the Monday morning, then fly back to Liverpool on a Friday night and get a taxi home from there. He lives not far from Rochdale area - might be worth looking at.

HTH.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Not an option - as I said, nobody flies from Geneva to the North West on Friday afternoon/evening. I'm up for the extra time at home the liverpool one would give me, but I don't think this anal lot would be.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                  Not an option - as I said, nobody flies from Geneva to the North West on Friday afternoon/evening. I'm up for the extra time at home the liverpool one would give me, but I don't think this anal lot would be.
                  I used to fly Geneva to Manchester, sometimes only for a day so was back in manc in the evening
                  This was a few years ago though

EDIT - a quick look on expedia shows the EasyJet now have the Geneva to Manchester route, and they fly friday afternoon/evening!
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
                    I think the gist of his previous posts is that this contract is not very profitable.

Full service air fares might be a bit too much to ask.
                    I got a pay rise at my last extension so it's not as bad as it was. I clear a little over 300 a day after tax but my expenses have to come out of that, meaning I get about 1200 a week spends after the expenses. Unfortunately because my first 3 months cost me so much i've yet to feel the benefit from the increase. Also the 2 weeks holiday in Cyprus last month didn't help. I've been told they want to keep me to the end of the year. They might be looking for other Excel VBA people in the future if anybody is up for it!

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X