• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Make him taste his own medicine.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make him taste his own medicine.

A dilemma for you experts to weigh in on.

Today I was called by an agent wanting me to take on a role I can do technically without any problems. Problem is that I am not looking to start a new contract after the present one ends in october. And the new role is in a place I have already contracted in and the town is not nice and it will be a weekly commute so I will not see the family during the week.

All in all I intend to not take the role but I he was very eager to send my CV to the client ( I sent CV to him also for future reference in case I need it). I asked him to stall the sending of the CV. He told me I was a very good candidate and the only candidate he has.

We agreed that I contact him on Monday before lunch to tell him to send the CV to the end client or to not send it.

Now comes the dilemma: should I behave like a true professional and a man of my word and email him monday morning telling him to not send the CV or do I let him taste his own medicine and I stay silent and uncontactable during next week?
    No, be a man and honour your word.
    60.00%
    Yes, let the weasel taste his own medicine.
    0.00%
    AndyW will call the agent and snatch the role from me.
    40.00%
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

It sounds like he is behaving himself, so you should too.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

He'll probably make his own mind if you don't call anyway. No need to stoop to their methods.
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

it seems you are all a bunch of softies

Comment

If he's got half a brain, he's sent your cv already to stop it coming in via another agent or at least getting a cut if it does.

Comment

so you are saying he is waiting for me

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post
              If he's got half a brain, he's sent your cv already to stop it coming in via another agent or at least getting a cut if it does.
              WHS.
              Don't be naive.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

if they want you that bad stick yer rate up by 25% then he can take it or leave it but only if you think you will still go for it if they offer the gig, otherwise, just be firm and say you are not interested this time maybe another time.
                This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                X