• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clubcard Special Offer On Stella I will Take Master Luke

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clubcard Special Offer On Stella I will Take Master Luke

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html?ITO=1490

Jedi church founder thrown out of Tesco for refusing to remove his hood was left 'emotionally humiliated'

The founder of the Jedi religion inspired by the Star Wars films has been thrown out of a Tesco supermarket for wearing his distinctive brown hood.
    Daniel Jones, 23, who has 500,000 followers worldwide, was told his hood flouted store rules and was ordered to remove it or leave the supermarket.
    He claimed he had been 'victimised over his beliefs' and left 'emotionally humiliated' by the supermarket in Bangor, north Wales.
    Hooded Daniel Jones (right) with his brother Barney at a meeting of their Jedi church in Holyhead, north Wales
    But Tesco hit back and claimed that the three most well known Jedi Knights in the Star Wars movies - Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker - all appeared in public without their hoods.
    Kicked out: Daniel was banned from this Tesco store in Bangor
    Mr Jones, from Holyhead, said his religion dictated that he should wear the hood in public places and is considering legal action against the chain.

'It states in our Jedi doctrination that I can wear headwear. It just covers the back of my head,' he said.

'You have a choice of wearing headwear in your home or at work but you have to wear a cover for your head when you are in public.'
    He said he'd gone to the store to buy something to eat during his lunch-break when staff approached him and ordered him to the checkout where they explained he would have to remove the offending hood or leave the store.
    'They said: "Take it off", and I said "No, its part of my religion. It's part of my religious right." I gave them a Jedi church business card.'
    Mr Jones claimed the store manager and staff were 'uncooperative' and left him feeling 'emotionally humiliated' for making fun of his beliefs.

'They weren't listening to me. They wasted my personal time. They were rude and not very nice to me. They had three people around me. It was intimidating.
    Tesco named Luke Skywalker, Yoda and Obi-Wan Kinobi as prime examples of Jedi Knights who managed perfectly well without their hoods

'It was discrimination. They were making a joke against me. I was really upset. Nobody should be treated like that.
    Hooded: The Emperor would not be welcome at Tesco
    'We have 500,000 members in our church. It is a religion founded in Wales with a scripture and ceremonies'
    Mr Jones has made an official complaint to Tesco, is considering a boycott of the store and is seeking legal advice.
    A Tesco spokesperson said: 'He hasn't been banned. Jedis are very welcome to shop in our stores although we would ask them to remove their hoods.
    'Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda and Luke Skywalker all appeared hoodless without ever going over to the Dark Side and we are only aware of the Emperor as one who never removed his hood.
    'If Jedi walk around our stores with their hoods on, they'll miss lots of special offers.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz0RSKDwGV6
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Fools. Everyone knows the Emperor was a Sith.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

A Tesco spokesperson said: 'He hasn't been banned. Jedis are very welcome to shop in our stores although we would ask them to remove their hoods.
      Would he say the same to a Muslim ?

Comment

Ah but that religion was made up 1600 years ago, rather than 30 or so. You've got to expect a bit of persecution at the start.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
          http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html?ITO=1490

Jedi church founder thrown out of Tesco for refusing to remove his hood was left 'emotionally humiliated'

The founder of the Jedi religion inspired by the Star Wars films has been thrown out of a Tesco supermarket for wearing his distinctive brown hood.
          Daniel Jones, 23, who has 500,000 followers worldwide, was told his hood flouted store rules and was ordered to remove it or leave the supermarket.
          He claimed he had been 'victimised over his beliefs' and left 'emotionally humiliated' by the supermarket in Bangor, north Wales.
          Hooded Daniel Jones (right) with his brother Barney at a meeting of their Jedi church in Holyhead, north Wales
          But Tesco hit back and claimed that the three most well known Jedi Knights in the Star Wars movies - Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker - all appeared in public without their hoods.
          Kicked out: Daniel was banned from this Tesco store in Bangor
          Mr Jones, from Holyhead, said his religion dictated that he should wear the hood in public places and is considering legal action against the chain.

'It states in our Jedi doctrination that I can wear headwear. It just covers the back of my head,' he said.

'You have a choice of wearing headwear in your home or at work but you have to wear a cover for your head when you are in public.'
          He said he'd gone to the store to buy something to eat during his lunch-break when staff approached him and ordered him to the checkout where they explained he would have to remove the offending hood or leave the store.
          'They said: "Take it off", and I said "No, its part of my religion. It's part of my religious right." I gave them a Jedi church business card.'
          Mr Jones claimed the store manager and staff were 'uncooperative' and left him feeling 'emotionally humiliated' for making fun of his beliefs.

'They weren't listening to me. They wasted my personal time. They were rude and not very nice to me. They had three people around me. It was intimidating.
          Tesco named Luke Skywalker, Yoda and Obi-Wan Kinobi as prime examples of Jedi Knights who managed perfectly well without their hoods

'It was discrimination. They were making a joke against me. I was really upset. Nobody should be treated like that.
          Hooded: The Emperor would not be welcome at Tesco
          'We have 500,000 members in our church. It is a religion founded in Wales with a scripture and ceremonies'
          Mr Jones has made an official complaint to Tesco, is considering a boycott of the store and is seeking legal advice.
          'Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda and Luke Skywalker all appeared hoodless without ever going over to the Dark Side and we are only aware of the Emperor as one who never removed his hood.
          'If Jedi walk around our stores with their hoods on, they'll miss lots of special offers.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz0RSKDwGV6
          On the low side say average £50 spend and 40% shop at Tesco... that's £10m a week.

I wear my trophy Boba Fett helmet whenever I'm out and about and I've never been asked to take it off, what's the fuss about?
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Is this man for real? What a waste of space. Perhaps the force was not with him that day.

Playpus - you have a valid point there.

Comment

He should have gone with his burqa-clad wife. Now, I'd pay good money to see that dichotomy unfold.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Surely a true jedi would have performed a quick mind-trick and got away with it?

He's obviously just an imposter (or a twat, one or the other).
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Surely a true jedi would have performed a quick mind-trick and got away with it?

He's obviously just an imposter (or a twat, one or the other).
                  You don't need to see my debit card.
                  I may leave with my shopping.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

A Tesco spokesperson said: 'Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda and Luke Skywalker all appeared hoodless without ever going over to the Dark Side and we are only aware of the Emperor as one who never removed his hood.
                    Jesus, who is Tesco's spokeperson, Harry Knowles?

Comment

Working...
                    X