• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Harriet Madman does it again.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harriet Madman does it again.

Equalities Minister Harriet Harman has called for tax breaks for corporate entertainment visits to lap-dancing clubs to be banned. BBC

Ms Harman has petitioned the chancellor to end tax relief on events which she says exclude female employees and form part of the wider sex industry.

Ms Harman said going to such clubs should not be a legitimate expense.

Right on Sister!

Except ....

The Treasury said corporate entertainment of any kind was not deductable for tax or VAT purposes.
    Ah, so now what are you going to do then missy?
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Yes, and hasn't been deductible since before anyone had even heard of the Blair babes.

She's just talking rot, as usual.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

From this linky, expenses for entertaining clients is not deductible, but entertaining staff can be.

I don't think the BBC article was clear on that point.

Comment

So were all those expenses I claimed from my limited for prossies and rent boys ok or not?
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          So were all those expenses I claimed from my limited for prossies and rent boys ok or not?
          It's ok if they were your employees, allegedly...

Comment

Originally posted by TroubleAtMill View Post
            From this linky, expenses for entertaining clients is not deductible, but entertaining staff can be.

I don't think the BBC article was clear on that point.
            Originally posted by AtW View Post
            It's ok if they were your employees, allegedly...
            Some people are desperate to avoid admitting she is a front bottom.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Nope, I think its a great idea
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

That interfering busybody! She'll be calling for a ban on fox hunting next.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                X