• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jealous permies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jealous permies

What is it with these throbbers?

Doing a short gig in a place and a manager said today that they need to cut back on spending. Some permie loudly mumbles...

"Well I would get rid of all the contractors for a start"

I'm going to make a phone call from my desk on Monday morning to the Mercedes Benz garage and ask what new models they have in stock.

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I'm going to make a phone call from my desk on Monday morning to the Mercedes Benz garage and ask what new models they have in stock.
    Make sure they know its meant to be a little runabout fo the wife.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

ah bless 'em.

These twunts have no idea what it might take to run a business (and the reasons why you might hire an "expensive" contractor), nor the guts to try contracting themselves.

Comment

Print off a copy of the PCG's "Guide to Contracting" and leave it on the whingeing permie's desk after they've gone home.

Deny everything.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I was asked to come in and do a 3 month job getting a prototype site running, contract was meant to end today.

Last week I was asked to go for an interview at a bank and asked for a half day, the bank pushed the interview back till next week and told the place I would do a full day so he turned to the managers and said "well that was not much of a half day was it"

The manager today said "look, I really need you to come in on Monday, we need you for another 6 weeks minimum"

5 minutes later he came out with his wee outburst.

Poor wee lamb.

Comment

I reserve the special Moorfield treatment for this lot.

CV posted on Jobserve and CW Jobs with all the hot skills of the day with their name and their boss's direct line.

Comment

Doing a short gig in a place and a manager said today that they need to cut back on spending. Some permie loudly mumbles...

Its just jealousy. Pure and simple.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post

CV posted on Jobserve and CW Jobs with all the hot skills of the day with their name and their boss's direct line.
                I really must remember that. That's a great way to get your own back.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Why is it that permies talk about contracting having no security.

I finish a contract, and can walk into another either straight away or within a few weeks, if the markets good and I've given the regular pimps the heads up.
                  If you have an interview you can walk into a job the next day all going well.

These guys get made redundant, and then it could be months before they find summat else, by that time the miserable redundancy payment has run out.

Also some of us are lucky we just have to interview with line managers and not jump through the hr hoops.

at my current clientco they have to do 3 interviews and 2 tests before getting in the door!
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post

One more comment and i'll be straight on to MS Word.

Comment

Working...
                    X