• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help! I think I am turning into my Dad.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! I think I am turning into my Dad.

While watching TV a short while ago I saw a chap with a thick crop of woolly hair and said out loud "He should get a haircut!".

This is the first time that I have ever thought or said such thing.

My Dad used to say similar things when I was growing up, why have I started this now?

I have always liked my rock music so men with long hair are perfectly normal in my eyes so I am more than a little surprised that this happened.

I am in my mid-thirties which I don't think is very old so should I be expecting this change in attitudes to happen and is it a normal part of the ageing process?

You are doomed. Soon you will spend most of your day in the shed sorting out your screws. You can join my screw sorting out forum if you like, the other week we had a fascinating discussion about whether it was acceptable to put 2 1/2" and 3" screws in the same box.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Cardigans are getting better these days aren't they? Hush puppies may not look that good but they really are comfy.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
        While watching TV a short while ago I saw a chap with a thick crop of woolly hair and said out loud "He should get a haircut!".

This is the first time that I have ever thought or said such thing.

My Dad used to say similar things when I was growing up, why have I started this now?

I have always liked my rock music so men with long hair are perfectly normal in my eyes so I am more than a little surprised that this happened.

I am in my mid-thirties which I don't think is very old so should I be expecting this change in attitudes to happen and is it a normal part of the ageing process?
        I've already bought you a pipe and slippers for Christmas.

Nomadd
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

next thing you'll be wearing socks with your lovely brown sandals
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I saw someone wearing socks with flip flops yesterday
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I think you are doomed. There's nothing wrong with long hair on a man

Have you taken out a funeral expenses plan yet?
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                Have you taken out a funeral expenses plan yet?
                Great deals at cooperative funerals and they're an ethical company
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
                  Cardigans are getting better these days aren't they? Hush puppies may not look that good but they really are comfy.
                  ...and beige goes with everything...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    ...and beige goes with everything...
                    brown, much better and doesn't show the dirt as much

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X