• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Valuation websites

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Valuation websites

Any tips? (not we buy any car type ones)

Am thinking of getting rid of mine as it's just sitting on the drive since I went back to work in London
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vaux/pages...rCar/index.jsp

Comment

You may be in luck as values of used cars have gone up due to low supply, mine is the same as it was 18 months ago yet it was showing at about a grand less only 3 months ago.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I just go to autotrader, do a search on my model and year, and check the listings for the same fit out and milage. I'd price mine at the same or very close.

Seemples !
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/prices/#
          Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Any tips? (not we buy any car type ones)

Am thinking of getting rid of mine as it's just sitting on the drive since I went back to work in London
            Ad in the local rag tbh. Get a parkers guide, get the A1 price and add £100 (people will haggle, and if you knock a couple of hundred off the asking they will feel like they got a deal, and you got £100 quid of the A1 price which aint arf bad)

DO NOT BOTHER WITH EBAY. They charge a fortune.

Don't use your house phone number for the add. Mobile can be turned off once the car is sold, or set to silent ring.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              You may be in luck as values of used cars have gone up due to low supply, mine is the same as it was 18 months ago yet it was showing at about a grand less only 3 months ago.
              Yes this was on the national news just last week, many 2nd-hand cars have gone up in value considerably in the last few months... apparently that's never happened before IIRC.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

You might more for it if you advertise in the sarf east. I've seen very old cars getting good money that would get scrapped around here.

ALthough currently the market is pretty tough, cars are going for well under parkers and what car book prices if they raise any interest at all. For the last 12 months or so Parkers et al have been very unrealiable.

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Yes this was on the national news just last week, many 2nd-hand cars have gone up in value considerably in the last few months... apparently that's never happened before IIRC.
                Some cars and tend to be nearly new, but bear in mind up until recently it was hard to get even the trade price which also never happened before as long as I can remember so really they've have risen from a very bad place.
                Last edited by Bagpuss; 19 September 2009, 14:51.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Ad in the local rag tbh. Get a parkers guide, get the A1 price and add £100 (people will haggle, and if you knock a couple of hundred off the asking they will feel like they got a deal, and you got £100 quid of the A1 price which aint arf bad)

DO NOT BOTHER WITH EBAY. They charge a fortune.

Don't use your house phone number for the add. Mobile can be turned off once the car is sold, or set to silent ring.
                  That's very poor advice

A/ Local papers have low circulation and the ad does not run for very long
                  B/ Parkers top price will result in no calls
                  C/ Ebay has large coverage and has a low fixed fee for classified ads
                  and the advert runs for a month
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    That's very poor advice

A/ Local papers have low circulation and the ad does not run for very long
                    B/ Parkers top price will result in no calls
                    C/ Ebay has large coverage and has a low fixed fee for classified ads
                    and the advert runs for a month
                    A/ Sold all my cars bar one (ebay) through local ads. Tonnes of calls. Shifted really quickly.
                    B/ You'd be surprised. This will still be cheaper than a dealer. I have mates in the used car game so no just about every trick in the book.
                    C/ I thought that. I sold a car on ebay for around £350, and had to pay them £70. They take a percentage of the sale value.

HTH
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X