• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas is here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas is here

Lovely day here, and the sun has very definitely got his hat on. 25°C outside.

Oddly, I can hear the refrain of Christmas carols.

P.S. Poking around iTunes radio last week I found a "Holiday music" section which contained a load of stations devoted to Christmas all the year round. Weird or what?

PPS When I saw "Holiday music" I was thinking of "Off to Sunny Spain" and the like, but noooo. "Holiday music" to the septics obviously means "Christmas", but they daren't use the word.
    Last edited by Sysman; 19 September 2009, 13:17.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Tesco already have christmas stuff in the seasonal aisle
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Tesco already have christmas stuff in the seasonal aisle
      I noticed that when I was shopping on line yesterday. There should be a law against it.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Eid is here...

...and as I'm in the Middle East its 3 days off. Huzzah!

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          I noticed that when I was shopping on line yesterday. There should be a law against it.

In the US there are two 'events' to concentrate the minds of the stores: Halloween and the big one Thanksgiving. You hardly here about xmas until thanks giving is over.

In the UK, as soon as the August bank holiday is over its xmas, xmas, xmas until everyone is sick of the thing. It's no wonder fights break out, marriages breakdown and murder happen so much over that period.

We need a national holiday to take peoples minds off of it somewhere between August and Year end. There are two possibilities: Agincourt day (25 Oct) -where we trashed the French, or November 5 - where a valiant freedom attempt was foiled.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

You might be right HAB. The annual BS fest is a nightmare for me as I almost always end up travelling halfway up the country visiting people - what you're not coming? But it's Christmas (you heartless bitch).
            If it wasn't sold so hard maybe I'd get less grief? I'll give it a week until my family 'mention' it.

PS - I actually like the idea of peace on Earth and goodwill to all men.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

**** off! Chrissie is great. Some of you lot need to get out and try running a retail business for once rather than these psuedo ltd co's!

Retail has to make as much money from the christmas run in to help tide them over for the rest of the year.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Don't worry, if the PC brigade got their way it probably will soon be illegal to sell anything Christmas-related.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

There was a fella on the Anglia news years ago, who had a full Christmas dinner with all the trimmings EVERY day.

Decorations up all year round. Christmas jumper. Total nut job (takes on to know one )

He must have had arteries like shagpile carpets
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    There was a fella on the Anglia news years ago, who had a full Christmas dinner with all the trimmings EVERY day.

Decorations up all year round. Christmas jumper. Total nut job (takes on to know one )

He must have had arteries like shagpile carpets
                    There's an all year round christmas store on the way to edinburgh after you leave the M74.

Not sure of its exact location.
                    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                    X